Discover Sweden with flights to Stockholm and Gothenburg.
- Start in Gamla Stan, the historic city center of Stockholm. Wander its cobblestone streets and alleys, browse the boutiques and tour Stockholm Cathedral. Afterward, find a quiet restaurant and order a platter of
raggmunk— crispy potato pancakes smothered in lingonberry preserves, served with a slab of bacon.
- Visit the Royal Palace, the official residence of the King of Sweden. Watch the changing of the guard, tour the Royal Stables and stroll along the Royal Walks.
- Go to the Vasa Museum to see a well-preserved warship that sank on its maiden voyage in 1628. Discover the lives of her sailors, learn about how the ship was raised from the depths of Stockholm Harbor, and learn about 17th-century medicinal herbs and flowers at the Vasa Museum Garden.
Fly to Gothenburg
- Discover works by Monet, Rubens
andChagall at the Gothenburg Museum of Art. Explore the Fürstenberg Gallery’s collection of Nordic paintings, then take in a Renaissance masterpiece when you view Bordone’s Jupiter.
- Tour the Universeum, Scandinavia’s largest science center. Walk across the Rainforest’s suspension bridge, visit the sloths and eye the exotic butterflies that flit around you. The Ocean Aquarium houses sawfish and sharks.
- Explore Haga, one of Gothenburg’s oldest neighborhoods. Browse the shops for delicacies including marzipan and fine chocolates, or simply order a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun from a local bakery and watch the street performers.