Discover Thailand with flights to Bangkok and Phuket.
- Experience the Grand Palace, the former residence of kings in the Rattanakosin era. Tour the Outer Court, pass through the Phiman Chai Si Gate and see where the royal coronations occur.
- Tour Wat Arun, a Chakri dynasty Buddhist temple and one of Bangkok’s most recognizable landmarks. Marvel at mosaics made from Chinese porcelain and view many Buddha images and murals.
- Explore Lumpini Park, an urban park where locals practice tai chi. Stroll beside the lakes, watch for rare water monitor lizards and go paddle boating. Visit a street vendor and order a bowl of pad thai.
- Go to the top of Nagakerd Mountain and see the Big Buddha Phuket, a 147-foot (45-meter) statue. Enjoy panoramic views and try to spot Kittisangkharam Temple.
- Visit Sirinat National Park, known for its secluded beaches and wildlife. Find turtle tracks left by nesting leatherback and hawksbill sea turtles, snorkel the coral reefs and kayak through the mangrove forest.
- Shop for local handicrafts and souvenirs at Phuket Street Market, a popular night market. Watch the street performers and sample the satay — skewered meat served with peanut sauce.