Over the last two years, we've worked with London-based design firm PriestmanGoode to completely redesign the United First seat for our Airbus fleet and Boeing 737-700 and 757-300 aircraft. As we began the process, we asked for feedback from some of our MileagePlus program members, incorporated it into our seat designs, and in the end chose the seat that they chose.
The new United First seat includes the following features:
- Wider seat cushions for added personal space
- An articulating design that cradles you as you recline, along with a six-way adjustable headrest, for a seat that feels like it’s built around you
- A new, patented tray table with a flip-up mobile device holder that fits more than 200 phone and tablet models, so you can continue enjoying inflight entertainment while using your tray table for a meal or beverage
- A universal AC power plug, so you can charge your devices on the fly
- In-arm storage to hold a tablet or laptop during flight
- A personal water bottle compartment in the center console
- Double seatback pockets for books, magazines and other personal items
Stay tuned for more information about improvements to our aircraft interiors.