Fly to Akron, Ohio, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Akron’s top attractions
- See over 700 animals featured at the Akron Zoo, from snow leopards to penguins.
- Learn about the region’s historical significance at the John Brown House, where the abolitionist launched his famous raid on Harpers Ferry.
- Tour Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, a 65-room mansion with landscaped gardens.
- Visit the neighboring city of Canton, which shares an airport with Akron.
Canton’s top attractions
- Experience the Pro Football Hall of Fame, home to the world's largest collection of professional football memorabilia.
- Visit the restored Canton Palace Theatre, where more than 300 events take place each year.
- Explore the National First Ladies' Library, comprised of two buildings: the former home of First Lady Ida McKinley and the Educational and Research Center.
Best time to travel to Akron
Annual events in Akron include the National Hamburger Festival in summer and the First Night Akron celebration on New Year's Eve. The Annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival is Canton’s biggest event, held for 10 days in summer. Along with the enshrinement ceremony, the festival features parades, concerts and other activities.