Plan ahead and get the best flights to Raleigh (RDU)
Fly to Raleigh, North Carolina, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Raleigh’s top attractions
- See the Greek-influenced North Carolina State Capitol.
- Stroll through Pullen Park and enjoy the carousel, mini train, boat rides and sports. A play area and amphitheater with regular children’s shows round out this family-friendly attraction.
- Learn the local history at the dynamic City of Raleigh Museum.
- Visit the birthplace of U.S. President Andrew Johnson at Mordecai Historic Park.
- Take the family to the interactive Marbles Kids Museum and the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Shop or grab a bite to eat at Cameron Village.
Best time to travel to Raleigh
The pleasant temperatures and foliage make spring and fall ideal times for a trip to Raleigh. The North Carolina State Fair, held in fall, is one the largest state fairs in the U.S. The Christmas Parade, in winter, is also popular with local residents. Other enjoyable events include the springtime Artsplosure and the Got To Be NC Festival.