Florida’s Fort Lauderdale is best known for its beaches and extensive canal network, which has given the city the nickname “Venice of America.”
Fort Lauderdale’s attractions
- Sunbathe, swim and play games and sports at one of Fort Lauderdale’s sandy beaches, such as Hollywood, Dania and Deerfield.
- Take a trip to Everglades National Park, a wetlands area known for its wildlife, including manatees, turtles, deer and alligators.
- Fly over the city and enjoy the views with a sightseeing plane ride.
- Visit the historic Bonnet House Museum and Gardens and explore the extensive art and antique collections inside the grand mansion.
- Stroll along the nature trails of Hugh Taylor Birch State Park and enjoy activities including canoeing, picnicking, cycling and sunbathing.
- See the diverse exhibits in the Antique Car Museum.
Best time to travel to Fort Lauderdale
Many visitors head to Fort Lauderdale for the warm and sunny conditions between December and April. Sistrunk Historical Festival takes place in winter and it commemorates the achievements of people with African heritage. The popular Fort Lauderdale Air Show is also held in spring. Las Olas Art Fair, held several times throughout the year, attracts many art lovers from far and wide.