Discover Portugal with flights to Lisbon and Porto.
- Stroll the back alleys and cobbled streets of Alfama, one of Lisbon’s oldest districts. Tour the National Pantheon and Se Cathedral, then browse the quaint boutiques. Afterward, grab a seat at a cafe and sample the bacalhau — salted cod — or sink your teeth into a bifana — a pork steak sandwich.
- View the Gothic architecture of the Monastery of Jerónimos. Learn about the life of St. Jerome, view the statue of the Archangel Michael, head to the High Altar and see the marble elephants at the tomb of Manuel I.
- Explore the world’s oceans at the Oceanário de Lisboa, Europe’s largest indoor aquarium. Watch the sunfish, groupers and moray eels swimming in the main tank. Other tanks exhibit an Antarctic habitat, Pacific kelp forests and coral reefs.
Fly to Porto
- Tour Clérigos Church, one of Porto’s most recognizable monuments. Climb the 200 steps to the top of the Clérigos Tower, Portugal’s tallest campanile, and soak in the panoramic city views from the observation deck.
- Take in Portugal’s art scene at the Museu Nacional Soares dos Reis. Start on the first floor where you’ll find 19th- and early 20th-century works by Meneses and Lupi, then see Silva Porto’s renowned naturalist paintings.
- Picnic next to fountains at the Jardins do Palácio de Cristal. Stroll down paths lined with magnolias and olive trees, explore the formal gardens and enjoy hilltop views of Porto.