Discover Spain with flights to Madrid and Barcelona.
- Tour the lavish staterooms of the Royal Palace of Madrid, the official residence of the King of Spain. Go to the Throne Hall and see Tiepolo’s magnificent painted ceiling. Afterward watch the changing of the guard.
- Go to the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía and see Spain’s largest collection of 20th-century art, including several of Picasso’s greatest masterpieces. After viewing Picasso’s “Guernica,” discover works by Salvador Dali, Juan Gris and Paul Klee.
- Explore Parque del Buen Retiro. See the Monument to Alfonso XII reflecting off the artificial lake and the marble statuary lining the park’s paths. Walk underneath rose bowers and picnic beside Madrid’s oldest tree.
Fly to Barcelona
- Spend a day at Park Güell, which is part of the works of Antonio Gaudi. See the dragon fountain, one of Barcelona’s most recognizable landmarks, and the sea serpent mosaic. Go to the viaduct and listen to the buskers.
- Experience Picasso’s early life and works at the Picasso Museum, which is housed in five Gothic palaces. Discover how Picasso’s art evolved from his earliest paintings and sculptures to his famed abstract cubic portraits.
- Stroll down La Rambla, Barcelona’s most famous boulevard and the heart of its city center. After browsing the flower stalls, grab a seat at a café, order a café con leche or a glass of sangria, and watch the street performers turn themselves into human statues.