Fly to Wilkes Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Wilkes Barre/Scranton’s top attractions
- Visit the Electric City Trolley Museum in Scranton.
- Tour a former working mine at the Lackawanna Coal Mine in Scranton.
- Catch a hockey game. The Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey team plays at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes Barre.
- Stroll the riverfront of Wilkes-Barre at Susquehanna River Commons, featuring an amphitheater, bars and restaurants.
- Relax at the green fields of Kirby Park in Wilkes-Barre.
Best time to travel to Wilkes Barre/Scranton
The Wilkes Barre/Scranton region experiences the depth of all seasons, with snowy winters and hot summers. Visit Wilkes Barre/Scranton in autumn for pleasant weather and changing fall foliage. Summer is a popular time for festivals, including the Peach Music Festival in Scranton and the family-friendly Riverfest in Wilkes-Barre.