Fly to Harlingen with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Harlingen’s top attractions
- Get up close to nearly 500 interesting bird species at the World Birding Center.
- Appreciate nature at Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge and Hilltop Gardens.
- Take the kids to Gladys Porter Zoo in nearby Brownsville.
- Stroll along historic Jackson Street, spot the statuesque Iwo Jima Memorial and learn more about the city at the Harlingen Arts and Heritage Museum.
- Shop at the extensive Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets.
Best time to travel to Harlingen
The city hosts numerous concerts and comedy events year-round. Autumn and winter are the ideal seasons to visit Harlingen if you want to bird watch in the Rio Grande Valley. The popular Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival takes place every autumn.