Plan ahead and get the best flights to Austin (AUS)
The capital of Texas, Austin combines a top business and political center with a love of quirky culture, for a unique experience you're sure to love.
Austin's top attractions
- Visit the State Capitol building, Austin's main landmark.
- Experience the city's cultural highlights and visit its many authentic restaurants, quirky boutiques, unique bars and bustling dance halls in Sixth Street.
- Swim in some of the city's spring-fed pools.
- Go rock-climbing on the cliffs at Barton Creek.
- Rent a mountain bike and head to one of the many local trails.
Best time to travel to Austin
Travel to Austin during March to catch the South by Southwest Music Festival or during autumn for Austin City Limits Festival. Austin also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Keep Austin Weird 5K, Austin Fine Arts Festival and the Hot Sauce Festival.