Things to do in the Northern Mariana Islands
Discover the Northern Mariana Islands with flights to Saipan and Rota.
- Explore American Memorial Park, a national park and World War II memorial. Learn about the Marianas Campaign, then relax on the beach or wander the protected wetland and mangrove forest.
- Explore the Grotto, one of Saipan’s most popular dive sites. Swim from the underwater cavern into the open ocean and spot white-tipped reef sharks, bubble coral and green sea turtles.
- Hike to the top of Forbidden Island, a secluded marine sanctuary known for its panoramic views. Hire a tour guide to investigate the hidden pools and caves.
Fly to Rota
- Visit Chenchun Bird Sanctuary, a nesting ground for seabirds. Explore the lowland limestone dry forest and spot Mariana crows and Rota white-eyes.
- See the megaliths at the As Nieves Latte Stone Quarry. Examine the shafts and capstones, learn how the locals quarried the 26-ton stone and hear theories about why the Chamorro abandoned the project.
- Go fishing at Pona Point Fishing Cliff, also known as Punta Pona. Cast from the cliffs and reel in skipjack and yellowfin tuna without leaving dry land.