Fly to Washington, D.C., with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Washington D.C.’s top attractions
- Walk along the National Mall, a park stretching two miles in downtown featuring museums and memorials.
- Experience some of the nation's most famous landmarks, like the Lincoln Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, Capitol Building and Washington Monument.
- Visit the Smithsonian, the largest museum complex in the world, featuring a collection of 19 museums covering topics including international art, natural history, space science and Native American history.
- Stroll the charming neighborhood of Georgetown where you’ll find boutique shops and international fare.
- Catch a game or tour the facilities of the Nationals, Capitals, Wizards, Redskins or the United.
Best time to travel to Washington, D.C.
Travel to Washington, D.C., in spring to see the National Cherry Blossom Festival or celebrate Independence Day with fireworks in the summer. Fall is a great time to take a jog through Rock Creek Park, enjoy live music at Eastern Market or spend the day at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.