Things to do in the Dominican Republic
Discover the Dominican Republic with flights to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.
Visit Santo Domingo
- Visit Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos. Climb the winding staircase to the caves, watch the clouds reflect the still waters of the lagoons and ride the barge to see the petroglyphs.
- Experience the life of Diego Columbus, the son of explorer Christopher Columbus, at Alcázar de Colón. Tour the restored 16th-century bedrooms, then visit the reception hall where Spanish conquistadors once dined.
- Go shopping along Calle El Conde, the New World’s first commercial street. Stop for a snack or go to Parque Independencia to relax with the locals.
Fly to Punta Cana
- Explore the biodiversity of Cotubanamá National Park, also known as Parque Nacional del Este. Dive shipwrecks near Soana Island and Catuano Canal, find a secluded beach on Soana Island or snorkel the coral reefs just off shore.
- Lounge at Playa Bávaro, the longest white sand beach in the Caribbean. Afterward, head to a nearby restaurant to sample the passion fruit juice and a platter of fried plantains, known as tostones.
- Tour Catedral Primida de América, the oldest surviving cathedral in the Americas. View the vaulted Gothic ceiling, vibrant colonial paintings and the original burial place of Christopher Columbus.