Search for more flights to Guatemala City (GUA)
Fly to Guatemala City with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Guatemala City’s top attractions
- Start your trip at Parque Central, where locals and visitors alike gather to socialize and have a meal or coffee outdoors.
- Learn the local history at the Palacio Nacional and the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.
- Head to Parque Minerva (Minerva Park) and get your bearings at the Mapa en Relieve, a large-scale map of the entire country.
- Take a day trip to the nearby Pacaya Volcano and relax in its thermal hot springs.
- Visit Pasos y Pedales, held every Sunday, where the city closes more than three kilometers (about 1.8 miles) of streets for people to stroll, skate, run or bike together.
Best time to travel to Guatemala City
Visit Guatemala City between November and April to take advantage of the dry season. All Souls’ Day in early November offers a look into traditional Guatemalan culture. Holy Week in the spring is a colorful, celebratory occasion. For a quieter visit, travel during the rainy season, between May and October, when showers don’t last longer than a couple hours.