Search for more flights to Tokyo (TYO)
Tokyo is known as a bustling modern metropolis that’s home to cutting-edge technology and avant-garde fashion. Its ultramodern vibe combines with its historic legacies to provide a great sample of Japanese culture that you’ll have fun exploring.
Tokyo’s top attractions
- See the sacred Shinto shrine, Meiji Jingu.
- Visit the temples of Asakusa.
- Go to the top of the Tokyo Tower or the observatories at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for sweeping city views.
- Relax or take part in leisure activities offered at Yoyogi Park.
- Soak in an onsen, a traditional hot spring.
- Have a fun day with the family at Tokyo Disney Resort, Sanrio Puroland or Tokyo Dome City.
Best time to travel to Tokyo
Tokyo is a popular destination year-round. Major winter events include the Sumo New Year Basho, the Chichibu Yomatsuri festival and the Hikari no Saiten (Festival of Light). Spring is the best time to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Other spring events include the Sanja Matsuri, one of the largest Shinto festivals in Japan, or for a smaller yet novelty experience, check out the Crying Baby Festival. Summer is packed with events including Summer Sonic, Asakusa Samba Carnival and Shinjuku Eisa Festival, while fall brings the Sumo Autumn Basho and Tokyo Game Show.
Find your vacation package to Tokyo with United Vacations.