Things to do in the Bahamas
Discover the Bahamas with flights to Nassau and Freeport.
- See endangered Caribbean flamingos at Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Centre. Feed the lory parrots, watch courting peacocks, and see Madagascar lemurs and iguanas, then stroll through the tropical gardens.
- Bask in the sun at Cable Beach, one of the most famous beaches in the Bahamas. Swim in the clear waters, walk down the 2.5-mile (4 km) shoreline and go boating. Afterward, play a round of golf, savor a gourmet meal or explore the nearby nightclubs.
- Explore 18th-century Nassau’s role as a pirate base at the Pirates of Nassau, an interactive museum. Discover a shanty town, learn about the pirate code, marooning and the infamous female pirates Anne Bonny and Mary Read, and hear the legend of Blackbeard.
Fly to Freeport
- Go diving at Peterson Cay National Park, known for its fringe reefs and seagrass beds where sea turtles, soldier crabs and bridled terns live.
- Visit Garden of the Groves, a nature experience with hiking trails, birding opportunities and tranquil lakes and waterfalls.
- Lounge on the white sands of Grand Lucayan Beach. Go snorkeling, try parasailing and stroll along the shore. Afterward, cross the street to Port Lucaya Marketplace to browse for local artisan crafts and souvenirs.