Discover Italy with flights to Rome and Milan.
- Experience the grandeur of the Pantheon, the only Greco-Roman building still in use today. If you stop by on a rainy day, you’ll see water cascading through the hole in the dome. Afterward find a small, family-run restaurant and try the cacio e pepe, a favorite local pasta dish swimming in pecorino Romano cheese and fresh black pepper.
- Discover the world of the Roman gladiators at the Colosseum, Rome’s most famous landmark. Venture underneath the arena and follow in the footsteps of gladiators. Then step into the arena and feel the sand beneath your feet as the Colosseum’s walls loom over you.
- Go to St. Peter’s Basilica and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Italian Renaissance and Michelangelo. Climb the dome’s steps and witness panoramic city views. Afterward, pay homage to the popes within the basilica or visit the statue of St. Peter.
Fly to Milan
- Take a day and explore the medieval Castello Sforzesco. View precious objects from the Sforza Treasury and exquisitely restored 15th-century rooms. Look up whenever you enter a new room, as the ceilings are as stunning as the castle’s architecture.
- Visit the Basilica di Santa Maria delle Grazie and see Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper.” Afterward, grab a seat at an outdoor restaurant and order the piadina, a flaky flat bread stuffed with Italian meats and oozing cheeses.
- Tour the Duomo di Milano and be awed by its late Gothic spires and statues. Don’t forget to visit its museum where you’ll discover the cathedral’s 700-year history.