United will begin daily nonstop service between Sydney and its Houston hub on January 20, 2018. The new flight will be the only nonstop service to Houston offering Australian customers access to hundreds of cities across the U.S. United's flight between Sydney and Houston will be operated with Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft with a total of 252 seats – 48 flat-bed seats in United Polaris business class, 63 Economy Plus seats and 141 seats in United Economy.
United has operated for nearly 50 years from its hub at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. United and United Express offer nearly 500 daily flights to more than 170 destinations around the world, including top business and leisure markets in Asia, Europe and the Americas. The Houston hub is United's premier gateway to Latin America, serving 51 nonstop destinations across Latin America and the Caribbean. United is also one of Houston's largest employers, with more than 14,000 Houston-based employees.
Plan ahead and get the best flights to the United States
Discover the U.S. with United flights to Chicago, Los Angeles
- Wander through Millennium Park, located near Lake Michigan. Watch a live show at the Frank Gehry-designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion or snap a selfie in front of the iconic Cloud Gate sculpture, more commonly known as “The Bean.”
- Watch a Chicago Cubs game or take a tour of the iconic Wrigley Field. Built in 1914, it’s one of baseball’s oldest major league stadiums.
- Visit the world-renowned Art Institute of Chicago, known for its collection of art spanning from late antiquity to the modern era. The museum boasts an impressive shop of reproduction prints and souvenirs.
Travel to Los Angeles
- Explore Venice Beach. This trendy neighborhood is known for its beachside gym, skateboarding culture and creative street art. Stroll down Abbot Kinney Boulevard for shopping, restaurants
andevents on the “coolest block in America.”
- View the universe through public telescopes at Griffith Observatory. During daylight or cloudy skies, opt for a star show at the Samuel Oschin Planetarium.
- See a show at the Hollywood Bowl, the home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic. A tour of the Hollywood Bowl Museum explains how this venue continues to influence American culture.
Tour New York
- Head to Times Square and watch a Broadway show or live event at one of many
theateror music venues, comedy clubs and cinemas.
- Spend a night at the American Museum of Natural History and see dinosaur bones and moon rocks. For more galactic attractions, learn about the cosmos at the museum’s Hayden Planetarium.
- Walk through Central Park and try to spot famous statues, such as Balto and Alice in Wonderland. Row a boat on the lake or visit the Central Park Zoo.
- Related routes To Los Angeles
- Related routes To San Francisco
- Related routes To Houston
- Related routes To New York/Newark
- Related routes To Denver
- Related routes To Chicago
- Related routes To New York
- Related routes To Orlando
- Related routes To Las Vegas
- Related routes To Tucson
- Related routes To Tampa
- Related routes To Reno
- Related routes To Milwaukee
- Related routes To Lexington
- Related routes Australia - United States