Advance PetSafe® reservations are required, and the PetSafe program rates apply.
Active duty U.S. military on Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and their spouses, along with State Department Foreign Service Personnel (FSP) and their spouses are allowed certain benefits for transporting their pet dogs and cats when traveling on assignment to and from international destinations.
Qualifying pets still receive the specialized handling provided by PetSafe but are issued a tag during check-in that allows them to travel under this policy. With this process, a third-party shipping agent or customs broker is not required to clear the pet in customs, which saves on additional fees. Also, pets will not need to be dropped off with the cargo facility and can, more conveniently, be presented at an airport check-in or QuickPak® counter.
Please note that this policy only applies to travel segments and flights operated by United and United Express®. Travel on codeshare flights, or flights that are marketed by United but operated by another carrier, is not allowed.
To make a reservation, please use our online booking request form, or contact the PetSafe desk at 1-800-575-3335 or 1-832-235-1541.
- Military customers must be on PCS and have orders that clearly indicate assignment to or from an international location.
- Orders must be verified at the time of reservation and a copy must be presented to the airport agent at check-in.
- Military personnel must carry military identification.
- FSP must carry a diplomatic passport or State Department identification and present documentation to the agent at check-in that states the overseas assignment.
- Civilian employees in the Department of Defense are not eligible for this exception.
Travel on other airlines is not allowed for the military exception policy.
If the flight itinerary includes connecting travel on another airline, including United codeshare flights:
- Pet travel arrangements and drop-off must be made directly with the other airline, which may have different policies and procedures for pet travel. Additional pet travel fees must be paid directly to the other airline in addition to the United pet travel fees.
- When connecting from a United flight to a flight on another airline or code-share partner, you must pick up the pet immediately after the United flight arrival.
- When the origin flight is not operated by United, you must drop off your pet directly with the airline operating the flight, collect your pet from that airline upon arrival and drop them off with United.
- Please make sure to directly contact the other airline to ensure that you have enough time to make the necessary connections for your pet.
- Stopover travel is not allowed for the military exception policy.
- If your travel plans include a stopover prior to or following the overseas travel, pets are required to travel on a standard PetSafe reservation and are not allowed to travel under the military pet exception policy for the domestic portion of travel.
- Pets traveling domestically, due to a planned stopover, will need to be checked in at the designated PetSafe location at the airport.
- In many locations, pet drop-off and pickup is at United Cargo and not at the passenger terminal.
- All pets traveling on domestic flights not immediately connecting on the same day to international flight segments will require a standard PetSafe reservation and cannot travel under the military pet exception policy.