Home > MileagePlus program > Premier benefits and more > Million Miler program
The Million Miler program, a part of the MileagePlus program, rewards members for extraordinary, long-term loyalty to United. Million Milers enjoy generous annual benefits and lifetime Premier® status.
Lifetime Premier status
The Million Miler program grants lifetime Premier status to all qualifying members, even if they fly less in the future. Lifetime miles are earned based on the flight distance* of United- and United Express®-operated flights. Here are the status benefits of the Million Miler program:
|Lifetime flight miles
||Annual companion Premier status
||United Global Services®
Annual companion Premier status
As a Million Miler, you may invite your spouse or significant other to share your current Premier status. This membership is nontransferable and will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise.
See companion eligibility terms and conditions at the bottom of this page for more details.
To select or review your companion or to change your companion for the next calendar year, visit united.com/MMcompanion.
Million Miler program frequently asked questions
- How far back does the lifetime flight mileage balance go?
Your lifetime flight mileage balance includes all United flight miles since you enrolled in MileagePlus. It is important to note that prior to December 1, 2011, the MileagePlus and OnePass programs tracked lifetime activity differently. MileagePlus counted only base EQM (Elite qualifying miles) earned based on the flight distance* of United- and United Express-operated flights, while OnePass counted both base PQM (Premier qualifying miles) and additional PQM (those earned on partner airlines or through promotions or certain credit cards).
To bring everyone to the same starting point, on December 31, 2011, we re-calculated the lifetime mileage balance for all MileagePlus members to include additional EQM earned since enrolling in the program. For MileagePlus program members who also had a linked Continental OnePass account, we combined the lifetime flight mileage balances of both accounts. This balance was reflected in accounts on January 1, 2012.
Additionally, for those who were members of the original Continental Airlines TravelBank Frequent Flyer program (from the 1980s) and/or the Eastern Airlines Frequent Flyer Bonus program, we also included the mileage balance from these accounts based on the date they were merged into the OnePass program.
- If I am a Million Miler, will I receive anything in the mail?
- Yes. If you are a Million Miler, you will receive a membership card with your Premier status and Million Miler designation and a personalized luggage tag.
- If I am a Million Miler, how can I enroll my companion to have the same Premier status that I have?
- If your lifetime flight mileage balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may select your companion at united.com/MMcompanion. You can do this even if you have not yet received anything in the mail from us.
- Will my companion's annual Premier status be the same as mine?
- Can I change my designated companion who will receive Premier status?
- Yes, any change to your companion must be completed by November 30 of the preceding year and will take effect the following calendar year (during the first week of January).
- When I reach the next Million Miler level (e.g., two million lifetime flight miles), do I get to designate an additional Premier companion?
- No, we only allow one Premier companion per Million Miler, regardless of the level reached.
- Will Premier qualifying miles count toward Million Miler qualification?
- No, mileage accrual for Million Miler qualification is based on the flight distance* of United- and United Express-operated flights.
- Where can I see my lifetime flight miles?
- Your lifetime flight mileage balance is viewable on the My Account section of united.com, after you log in to your MileagePlus account.
- Does Copa Airlines leaving MileagePlus affect my lifetime flight miles?
- No, all lifetime flight mileage earned on Copa Airlines prior to July 1, 2015, will remain in your balance. However, as of July 1, 2015, you will not earn lifetime flight mileage on Copa Airlines flights.
Terms and conditions for MileagePlus Million Miler companion benefit
All members who have one million lifetime flight miles or more earn annual status benefits for themselves, as well as the option to extend their current Premier status to a companion (defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at the same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information) on an annual basis. Companion benefits are available on an annual, not lifetime, basis. Companion benefits expire upon the death of the Million Miler or failure of the companion to meet the eligibility requirements set forth below, including, but not limited to, death, divorce or separation.
Million Miler eligibility:
- If your lifetime flight mileage balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may designate your companion even if you have not yet received any notification from MileagePlus.
- You may designate one (1) companion to receive the same Premier level as you currently hold, regardless of whether you have one million lifetime flight miles or more than one million lifetime flight miles.
- If you earn a higher Premier level during the program year, your companion will also receive that higher status level. However, if your companion earns a higher Premier level, your account status will not change.
- A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.
- Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under his or her own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
- The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is nontransferable.
- Your companion will receive his or her own individual Premier credentials and does not need to travel with you to enjoy the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
- Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by November 30 of the current year.
- You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
*Flight distance is defined as the miles scheduled for a specific flight, as determined solely by United.
The accrual of miles and Premier® qualifying credits, redemption of awards and provision of benefits through the United MileagePlus program, including the Premier Program, are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the MileagePlus program.
See the complete rules and details of the MileagePlus program