The primary Cardmember of the following United MileagePlus Chase Cards and one companion traveling on the same reservation are each eligible to receive a free first, or first and second, standard checked bag on United- and United Express®-operated flights when the primary Cardmember purchases their ticket(s) with their United MileagePlus Chase Card.
||First standard checked bag
||Second standard checked bag
||Standard service charge
||Up to $100 per roundtrip
||Up to $240 per roundtrip
|Presidential PlusSM Card
||Up to $240 per roundtrip
*Please note that some other MileagePlus Chase Credit Cardmembers are also eligible for this benefit. For details, see your Card Rewards Program Agreement or call the Chase number on the back of your Card.
To receive this Cardmember benefit, the primary Cardmember must:
- Include their MileagePlus number in the reservation
- Purchase the tickets with their United MileagePlus Chase Card
Already a Cardmember? To ensure that you receive these Cardmember benefits, save your card as your primary form of payment in your MileagePlus profile.
Not a Cardmember? Learn more about United MileagePlus Chase Credit Cards.
Terms and conditions
- The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation are each eligible to receive their applicable standard checked bag(s) free. To receive the applicable standard checked bag(s) free, the primary Cardmember must include their MileagePlus account number in their reservation and use their qualifying United MileagePlus Credit Card from Chase to purchase their ticket(s).
- The traveler must be a Cardmember at the time of check-in in order to be eligible for free checked bags.
- One authorized user is eligible to receive the applicable standard checked bag(s) free only if traveling on the same reservation as the primary Cardmember and counted as the one traveling companion eligible for the benefit.
- Eligible Cardmembers will receive their applicable standard checked bag free on flights operated by United or United Express; codeshare flights are not eligible.
- Checked bags must meet weight and size restrictions or may be subject to additional fees. Learn more about our baggage policy.
- Primary Cardmember is eligible to receive applicable standard checked bag(s) free when they use their miles to book award travel on United-operated flights, as long as they pay for their award ticket taxes and service charges with their qualifying Card and include their MileagePlus account number in their reservation.
- A Primary Cardmember who is already exempt from checked baggage service charges will not receive additional free checked bags.
- Premier® members
- Club or Presidential Plus Cardmembers who receive two or more free checked bags through their Premier status will not receive additional free checked bags.
- Explorer Cardmembers and Cardmembers with certain other MileagePlus Chase Credit Cards will not receive a free checked bag in addition to the free checked bag(s) awarded through their Premier status.
- For additional information on Premier benefits, visit united.com/premier.
- International travel:
- Club and Presidential Plus Cardmembers will not get additional free checked bags if there are no first and second checked bag service charges applicable to their international travel itinerary.
- Explorer Cardmembers and Cardmembers with certain other MileagePlus Chase Credit Cards will not get an additional free checked bag if there is no first checked bag service charge applicable to their international travel itinerary.
- Unpublished fares, such as those purchased on priceline.com and Hotwire, are not eligible.
- A new United MileagePlus Chase primary credit Cardmember will be eligible for their applicable free standard checked bag(s) 2 weeks after account opening.
- Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.