Skip navigation

Required labeling

Federal regulations require that each kennel be properly labeled with the words "LIVE ANIMAL" on the top and at least one side of the kennel in 1-inch (2.5 cm) letters. The kennel must also have orientation labels. Indicate the top with arrows or "This End Up" markings on at least two sides.

Certification and feeding instructions

Certification must be attached to the kennel stating that the animal has been offered food and water within four hours prior to drop-off (or tender) with United. If food is necessary it must be attached to the outside of the kennel.

IMPORTANT: Do not feed your animal in the two hours prior to departure, as a full stomach can cause discomfort for a traveling pet.

Contact information label

Label with your name, address and phone number at origin and destination cities. It is also a good idea to include your pet's name.

Sample label that you can acquire from United at the time you tender your animal:

Meets USDA and IATA requirements:
Animal sticker CS-345