- A one-year United Club membership can be purchased on united.com, with a United Club representative at any United Club location, or by phone at 1-866-822-5827. Prices may vary based on MileagePlus Premier® level. There is an initiation fee of $50 USD or 7,000 miles for all new or expired United Club memberships. If a membership has been expired for more than 30 days, it is considered a new enrollment.
- Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Memberships are open to anyone 18 or older.
- Membership will expire on the date indicated as the end of the term when purchasing the membership.
- You can renew a United Club membership beginning 60 days prior to its expiration at the price effective on the date of renewal.
- Members enrolled in auto-renew will be charged for the renewal 30 days prior to membership expiration. The renewal will be charged to the form of payment on file at the price effective on that day.
- Gift subscriptions must be activated within 60 days of purchase. Gifts not activated within 60 days will automatically activate and expire in one year.
- You can purchase a membership with a spouse or domestic partner. A copy of the marriage certificate or an affidavit of marriage or spouse equivalency is required to obtain a membership card for a spouse or domestic partner with a different last name. A single initiation fee will be charged for both members.
- United Club membership subscriptions can be changed from a single person to a spousal membership at any time. The spousal membership is valid for one year from the date of membership change.
- You may request the replacement of a lost or stolen membership card in person at a United Club location or by calling the United Club Service Center. There is a $50 USD service charge for issuing a replacement card.
- A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID) are required.
- United reserves the right to limit access and only allow entry to members with a same-day boarding pass. All United Club customers, including members, are eligible to access United Club locations only when they have a flight arriving or departing on any airline the same day, and must show a boarding pass for entry.
- Membership cards are nontransferable and may not be loaned to others. United representatives will confiscate membership cards that are expired or presented by anyone other than the member.
- United Club members may bring their spouse and dependent children under 21, or up to two guests, into any United Club location. Members must accompany their family and guests during their United Club visit.
- Customers must be 18 years of age or older for access at any United-operated lounge unless accompanied by a supervising adult 18 years of age or older.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age to access a United Club location with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years of age.
- A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass. A one-time pass cannot be used at an Arrivals facility, Global FirstSM Lounge or Star AllianceTM lounge.
- United reserves the right to limit access for one-time pass users during high-traffic times when United Club locations are at or near capacity.
- Expired one-time passes will not be honored or accepted after their printed expiration date.
- United reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the professional atmosphere of the United Club.
- United Club members who exceed their guest allotment will be charged $59 for any additional guests.
Atmosphere and attire
- During your visit to a United Club location, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games and DVD players.
- Solicitation is prohibited in all United Club locations.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products) is not permitted inside United Club locations.
- United reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any patron who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Food may not be brought into United Club locations. (Complimentary light snacks are available in each club.)
- Food, beverages and periodicals provided are for consumption and use in the club and may not be removed.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside United Club locations.
- For our United Club members or individuals who purchase a one-time pass, some of our United Club locations feature family rooms with locations available for nursing mothers.
- Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations.
- United will not be held responsible for personal articles lost or stolen in any United Club location.
Pet and service animal policy
- Service animals and in-cabin pets are welcome in United Club locations, provided local ordinances permit them.
- All policies associated with service animals and in-cabin pets traveling on United or United Express flights also apply in our United Club locations.
- In-cabin pets must remain inside their kennels with the door secured at all times.
- Animals must be trained to behave properly in public settings and follow the direction of their owners.
- Animals must be clean and under the owner's control at all times.
- Animals are not allowed to occupy seats that are designed for United Club guests.
- Animals are not allowed to eat or drink from United Club serviceware.
- Animals may not engage in disruptive behavior such as roaming freely, barking, growling or biting.
- All animals must remain on the floor when they are near food or beverage display areas.
- United Club considers membership and/or use of any location an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- United reserves the right to modify pricing, benefits, services, hours, club locations and reciprocal lounge agreements at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- United will not be liable for United Club delays or failures in performance caused by acts of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, government or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond our control.
- United reserves the right to terminate membership or remove any customer from a United Club location for inappropriate conduct that is disruptive or fails to comply with membership terms and conditions.
- United reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. United may change the MileagePlus program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. Learn more about the MileagePlus program.