These rates are specially negotiated rates and carry certain restrictions as noted on the Reservation Details page when making your hotel booking. We have designed a FAQ to help you understand how the united.com Hotel Specials work.
- Earn 250 MileagePlus® award miles per stay when you book a united.com Hotel Special and complete your stay. Hotels offering these rates are identified by the gold star () next to the price on the Choose Hotel page.
- united.com Hotel Specials are prepaid hotel rates that provide you with some of the largest discounts available online; up to 75% off the hotel retail price.
- Your entire hotel stay is charged to your form of payment at the time the booking is made. This allows united.com to give you the highest discount, based on this "prepaid" status.
Book a Hotel Now.
What is a prepaid hotel rate?
- In order to provide the deepest discount possible, and to pass the savings onto you, your entire hotel stay is charged to your form of payment at the time of the booking. Then all you need to do is arrive and enjoy your stay, knowing the hotel will not bill you for your room. Since hotels will only bill you for incidentals such as meals or phone calls, you may be required to give an imprint of your card at check-in.
Why do I have to prepay for the complete stay at the time I book the reservation?
- Cost savings passed onto you: Prepaying for the complete hotel stay allows the participating hotels to provide deep discounts to united.com. Since the hotel stay is prepaid, the hotels save billing and accounting costs, and the savings are passed on to you as some of the highest discounted rates for hotels.
Why should I use united.com Hotel Specials?
- No Rate Increases: Using united.com Hotel Specials assures that the deep discount rate is "locked in" and paid, so that you will not be subject to any rate increases.
- Ease of Arrival: The united.com Hotel Specials allows you to arrive at your hotel and simply check-in and begin enjoying your stay.
- MileagePlus® Award Miles: Earn 250 award miles per stay.
How does it work?
- Your hotel stay including tax is prepaid at the time of booking.
- The hotel will bill you only for incidentals such as meals or phone calls.
How do I cancel a reservation?
- Reservations must be canceled using united.com. Go to Manage Reservations and retrieve your reservations, then choose the cancel option. Any refund due from your cancellation will be credited to the original form of payment used for the purchase. You will also be billed for the appropriate cancellation fees.
- $25.00 cancellation fee: More than 48 hours prior to 12:00 p.m. (local property time) day of arrival.
- $25.00 cancellation fee plus first night’s room rate plus applicable taxes: Within 48 hours prior to 12:00 p.m. (local property time) day of arrival.
- Full cost of the stay plus all applicable taxes (No Refund): Cancellations after 12:00 p.m. (local property time) day of arrival.
How do I change my dates of stay?
- Currently, changes to your reservation are not allowed; you must cancel the original reservation and rebook for the new dates. However, we suggest you first check availability for the new desired dates, to avoid any disappointment from canceling your first booking if the new dates are not available.
- Cancellation fees will still apply, as the first reservation is considered "cancelled", but credit will be given for unused room nights if applicable per the cancellation penalty.
When my credit card bill arrived, I noticed there was also a charge from the hotel I used for my stay. What is this?
- The charges you see might be the incidentals you charged during your hotel stay. Restaurant meals, room service, movies, parking, and any other fees not considered "room & tax" would be billed directly by the hotel at checkout. If you have questions about any charges, please call the 24-hour Customer Service center at 877.372.1127 and our representatives will be happy to review your billing with you at any time. You may also e-mail your questions to: email@example.com or use our online form at any time.
What if I have question(s) not covered here?
- Our Customer Service Center is open 24 hours a day, so you can simply e-mail or call our representatives (877.372.1127), who will be happy to provide answers to any additional questions.
Book a Hotel Now.