- TravelBank cash is redeemable on united.com and through the United Customer Contact Center.
- Only one TravelBank account is allowed per MileagePlus member.
- Only one owner per TravelBank account is allowed and that owner must be a MileagePlus member.
- If the full amount in the TravelBank account is not used for a transaction, you can use the balance toward the purchase of another ticket within the original validity period.
- Accounts have an expiration date of 24 months of inactivity. After that time, the remaining amount will be issued in the form of an electronic travel certificate. The certificate is valid for one year from the date when it is originally issued to the account owner.
- Only valid for air travel purchases on United- and United Express®-operated flights, including ticket, taxes and surcharges.
- Deposits made to the TravelBank account are nonrefundable.
- Accounts are nontransferable.
- TravelBank cash cannot be used as a form of payment in combination with PayPal Credit, online check by TeleCheck®, Alipay, cash, gift certificates or United Airlines travel certificates.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (e.g., MileagePlus award redemption).
- Valid with any fare types (e.g., United Specials).
- Mileage accrual is allowed in conjunction with applicable fare rules for the ticket being purchased.
- Ticket purchased is eligible for any MileagePlus united.com booking bonus applicable to the ticket at the time of purchase.
- The amount in the TravelBank account will be applied to the total price of the airline tickets in any one transaction.
- All rules and travel restrictions of the purchased fare apply.
- Customers are responsible for all taxes, fees and surcharges, including passenger facility charges, international departure tax, customs users immigration fees, agricultural tax and airport security charges and must pay them at time of ticketing.
- United's Contract of Carriage applies to all travel. In the event of flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided only on United Airlines or applicable codeshare partners.
- United has the right to terminate the TravelBank program or to change the TravelBank program's terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, benefits, and/or conditions of participation, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice.