Home > Travel information > Airport information > Airport kiosks
More power to you.
Our airport kiosks let you:
- Check in and print your boarding pass
- Print your ticket receipt
- Check baggage
- Tag baggage (at select airports)
- Select or change your seat, including purchasing an upgrade to United Global FirstSM, United BusinessFirst®, United First® or United Business®, or purchasing Economy Plus® seating, if available
- Stand by for United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst or United Business (for eligible MileagePlus Premier® members)
- Add your MileagePlus number to your reservation
- Change your flight for same-day travel
- Find alternate flights if your original flight is delayed or canceled
- Transact in English, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish or Thai
Frequently asked questions
- What will I need to check-in at an airport kiosk?
To check in at an airport kiosk, you may use a major credit card, United MileagePlus frequent flyer card or passport, or enter your six-character United confirmation number or 13-digit eTicket number. If you are unable to activate the kiosk, a United representative will be available to assist you.
- Why do I need identification to check-in at an airport kiosk?
Very simply, this is the quickest method to identify you and locate your reservation. An airport kiosk only reads the name encoded on your identification for the purpose of locating your reservation. No additional charges will be made to your credit card. We do not store credit card or driver's license information when one of these documents is used to identify you. We may store passport information to help streamline your future international travel.
- How can I change my itinerary at an airport kiosk?
Same-day, same origin/destination flight changes may be offered on the day of departure online or at an airport kiosk, provided the fare rules permit the change and the cabin originally booked is available.
- Can I check bags using an airport kiosk?
Yes. Airport kiosks at designated check-in counter locations offer the option to check baggage. When checking oversized baggage, please check in at the check-in counter.
- Can I use an airport kiosk when traveling internationally?
Yes. Kiosks can be used for travel from most cities worldwide. If you are traveling internationally, you will be required to scan your passport at an airport kiosk to complete check-in, unless you have scanned it through the United app or on previous trips.
If your destination country requires a visa, an agent at the airport will be required to verify your visa information.
- What types of itineraries cannot be handled at an airport kiosk?
Airport kiosks are capable of handling most itineraries. The most common exceptions include:
- Itineraries where the initial operating carrier is not United or United Express®
- Tickets that have been changed without proper fee collection
- Unaccompanied minors
- Customers with paper tickets
- If my flight is delayed or canceled, can I still use a kiosk to check in?
Yes, you can use a kiosk to check in, look for alternate flights or select a flight for standby. In some cases, you can even use a kiosk to check in and leave from a nearby airport instead.
- What language options are supported by the airport kiosk?
Currently, customers have the option to transact in English, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish or Thai.