Delivering industry-leading cleanliness
We’re leveraging the disinfecting expertise and suite of products from Clorox, the #1 trusted brand for powerful cleaning, to deliver an industry-leading standard of cleanliness. Together, we’re doing this by:
- Disinfecting high-touch areas like arm rests, door handles, lavatories, seatback screens and seat belts.
- Equipping employees with hand sanitizer and other supplies.
- Providing hand sanitizer wipes as you board the aircraft.
- Ensuring our aircraft cleaning standards meet, and in many cases exceed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
Visit Clorox’s website to learn about disinfecting tips, products and more.
We’re also continuing to enhance and improve our cleaning processes by:
- Using electrostatic spraying to disinfect the cabin, floor to ceiling, on all aircraft before departure. See how
- Using Ultraviolet C (UVC) lighting wands to disinfect sensitive components like switches and touch-screen displays in our pilot flight decks. See how
- Using state-of-the-art high-efficiency (HEPA) filters on all United aircraft to circulate air and remove at least 99.97% of airborne particles. We’ll use these filters during boarding, throughout your flight and during deplaning. See how
- Reducing touchpoints by temporarily shutting down self-service kiosks, asking you to scan your boarding pass and encouraging you to use united.com or the United app.
- Installing sneeze guards at key interaction points like baggage and check-in counters.