Delivering industry-leading cleanliness
We’re leveraging the disinfecting expertise and suite of products from Clorox, the #1 trusted brand for powerful cleaning, to deliver an industry-leading standard of cleanliness. Together, we’re doing this by:
- Disinfecting high-touch areas like arm rests, door handles, lavatories, seatback screens and seat belts.
- Equipping employees with hand sanitizer and other supplies.
- Providing hand sanitizer wipes as you board the aircraft.
- Ensuring our aircraft cleaning standards meet, and in many cases exceed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
Visit Clorox’s website to learn about disinfecting tips, products and more.
We’re also continuing to enhance and improve our cleaning processes by:
- Using electrostatic spraying for enhanced cabin sanitation on aircraft at our hub airports. See how
- Using state-of-the-art high-efficiency (HEPA) filters on all United aircraft to circulate air and remove up to 99.7% of airborne particles.
- Reducing touchpoints by temporarily shutting down self-service kiosks, asking you to scan your boarding pass and encouraging you to use united.com or the United app.
- Installing sneeze guards at key interaction points like baggage and check-in counters.