Our app is your travel toolkit. You can book United flights, check flight and upgrade statuses, view your MileagePlus account information, check in, receive a mobile boarding pass and more, directly from your mobile device. Available for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® devices (as an iPhone app) and for Android devices, the United app offers convenient access to your travel information.
We’ve redesigned our United app
Now more than ever, travelers want the ability to stay informed and rely on technology to serve them during their journey. We’ve worked to enhance our United app to give you quicker and easier access to information — all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our app will now deliver information more seamlessly with improved navigation. We’ve also enhanced accessibility support for screen readers such as VoiceOver and TalkBack.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details, whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates, such as amenities for your flight and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you, and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus account
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and check out our new “My account” experience. You can earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Message our contact center directly through the “Contact Us” section in the app.
Finding your account information
How to display your MileagePlus Premier card and United Club member card
- Sign in to the app using your MileagePlus number and password.
- Tap the button on the home screen that says “Hello, (your name)” to access your account information.
- Tap the card with the MileagePlus and Star Alliance™ logos to display your Premier® card and find the phone number for your designated Premier service line.
- If you have a United Club℠ membership, you’ll find your United Club membership card next to your Premier card.
How to purchase a one-time United Club pass (for MileagePlus members)
- Open your app and navigate to the home screen.
- Tap the button on the home screen that says “Hello, (your name)” to access your account information.’
- Scroll to the far right of your membership cards and tap the dark blue card that says “Purchase a pass” with a + icon.
- On the next screen, tap the purple button to complete the purchase by entering your payment information.
Frequently asked questions about the United app
Booking a flight is simple. Select "Book Flight" on the bottom navigation bar and then search for a flight — once you start searching, the booking process works the same way it does today. Please note that you must use a credit card with a billing address in the U.S., Guam or Puerto Rico. If you do need to book using a credit card with a billing address from another location, you will be redirected to the mobile web booking experience to complete your transaction.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account or have a trip added to “My Trips,” information for your upcoming flight will appear front and center on the app’s home screen starting 48 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. Beginning 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time, you’ll be able to check in for your upcoming flight through this display.
If you don’t have a trip in “My Trips,” you can also select "Check-in" from the “More” menu and enter your confirmation or ticket number and last name.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account or have a trip added to “My Trips,” access to your boarding pass will appear on the app’s home page along with other details about the flight. Your boarding passes are also available under "My Trips" on the bottom navigation bar.
(Please note that mobile boarding pass are available for flights departing from all U.S. airports and select international airports.)
If you’re signed in, you can access all this information in one place within the “My account” section by selecting the button on the home screen that says “Hello, (your name)” with your status and miles.
If you are not signed in, you can purchase a one-time pass by tapping the “More” menu and selecting “Passes and subscriptions” where you will be able to purchase a one-time United Club pass.
You can check your flight status by selecting "Flight Status" on the bottom navigation bar. The status will appear under the "My flights" tab. You can also check the status of other flights by searching for the flight number or destination city and arrival city.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account or have a trip added to “My Trips,” flights that are within 48 hours of their scheduled departure time will appear front and center on the app’s home screen.
You can access the seat map for your flight via "Flight Status" on the bottom navigation bar. When you have an upcoming flight, you can also access the seat map under "Trip Details" —simply scroll down to see it.
If personal device entertainment is offered on your flight, you’ll see a tile on the app home screen once you’re on board. You can also select "Wi-Fi & entertainment" from the “More” menu.
Any upcoming flights will be displayed in the "Flight Status" section of the app. There is no option to remove a flight as the "Flight Status" section will automatically update itself two days after your travel is completed.
If you’re connecting to one of the following partner airlines, you can access your mobile boarding pass and see the flight status directly from the United app (or the mobile United site):
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- THAI Airways
- Turkish Airlines
Your mobile boarding pass is available for Google Now cards on supported Android mobile devices. When you check in online, send your confirmation email to your Gmail account, and Google Now will automatically create a boarding pass card for your upcoming flight. You must enable Gmail cards on your device in order to use this feature.
If you sign in to your MileagePlus account in the app, any current reservations associated with your account will automatically be stored in the "My Trips" section. If you don't have a MileagePlus account, you can import reservations manually. Then, enter your confirmation number and last name and you'll have the option to save your upcoming travel plans.
Flight status notifications are notifications that are sent to your mobile device when there is connectivity, whether you’re in the app or not. From Flight Status, you can subscribe to a flight and have updated information about that flight automatically pushed to your phone. Just turn on the “Push notifications” switch on the flight status details page to receive specific notifications for that flight. These notifications are separate from the ones you opt into by text or email when you are traveling.
Yes, we have added enhanced support for screen readers such as TalkBack and VoiceOver, especially as it pertains to the day-of-travel features in the app.
Mobile boarding pass
Choose to have your boarding pass sent directly to your mobile device through email or the mobile app for qualifying itineraries. No printing is necessary. Once you receive your boarding pass, simply scan the barcode on the screen at airport security checkpoints and at the gate during boarding. If a seat change, upgrade or change in departure gate occurs, your boarding pass can be refreshed to display the new information as long as the device has connectivity. You can also access a mobile boarding pass for select partner airlines.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
- Antigua (ANU)
- Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN)
- Athens, Greece (ATH)
- Auckland, New Zealand (AKL)
- Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
- Berlin, Germany (TXL)
- Birmingham, England (BHX)
- Bogota, Colombia (BOG)
- Brussels, Belgium (BRU)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- Calgary, Canada (YYC)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN)
- Edinburgh, Scotland (EDI)
- Edmonton, Canada (YEG)
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
- Fukuoka, Japan (FUK)
- Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)
- Glasgow, Scotland (GLA)
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (GCM)
- Guadalajara, Mexico (GDL)
- Guam (GUM)
- Halifax, Canada (YHZ)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Lima, Peru (LIM)
- Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)
- London, England (LHR)
- Madrid, Spain (MAD)
- Majuro, Marshall Island (MAJ)
- Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
- Manchester, England (MAN)
- Manila, Philippines (MNL)
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
- Milan, Italy (MXP)
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
- Montreal, Canada (YUL)
- Munich, Germany (MUC)
- Nagoya, Japan (NGO)
- Naples, Italy (NAP)
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
- Oaxaca, Mexico (OAX)
- Osaka, Japan (KIX)
- Ottawa, Canada (YOW)
- Paris, France (CDG)
- Panama City, Panama (PTY)
- Papeete, PF (PPT – Tahiti)
- Pohnpei, Micronesia (PNI)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS)
- Prague, Czech Republic (PRG)
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR)
- Quebec City, Canada (YQB)
- Quito, Ecuador (UIO)
- Rio de Janeiro (GIG)
- Rome, Italy (FCO)
- Saipan, Micronesia (SPN)
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
- San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
- Santiago, Chile (SCL)
- São Paulo, Brazil (GRU)
- Seoul-Incheon, Korea (ICN)
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (STT)
- Stockholm, Sweden (ARN)
- Taipei (TPE)
- Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV)
- Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
- Tokyo, Japan (HND, NRT)
- Vancouver, Canada (YVR)
- Venice, Italy (VCE)
- Vieux Fort Quarter, Saint Lucia (UVF)
- Winnipeg, Canada (YWG)
- Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Mobile bag tracking
Mobile bag tracking allows you to easily see the status of your checked bags within the United app. This feature is located in the “More” Menu.
You need to have a current flight reservation with checked bags, as well as the United app on an Android (version 7 or higher) or iOS (version 12 or higher) device.
Select "Track my bags" from the “More” menu, located in the top left corner on Android devices and in the bottom navigation bar for iOS devices.
If you've entered your reservation information and still don't see your bags, you can enter your bag tag number or scan the barcode on your baggage receipt using your device's camera.
You will know when the bag has been loaded onto a flight and when it has been unloaded, as well as when it is at baggage claim.
In most cases, yes. However, there are some times when detailed information will not be available quite yet.
While we scan bags at most airports and points in the journey, your bag may not be scanned absolutely everywhere.
No, bag tracking is currently only available on the United app.
In the unlikely event that your baggage is misplaced, we will make every effort to quickly reroute your bag to you. In some instances, your baggage may actually arrive at your destination before you — this will be indicated in the app. Please see a United representative at a baggage service office located near the claim area to claim your bag or get more information.
The baggage tracking application will recognize if your itinerary contains travel on another airline, but we are currently not able to obtain bag data for any other airlines. The bag status will show as "Bag data not available."
Other mobile tools
If you don't have access to the internet or a mobile device, you can quickly and easily check in for your United flight over the phone. Customers traveling within the U.S. or Canada with less than 10 people in their party are eligible for voice check-in.
With voice check-in, you can select the number of bags you want to check, hear your baggage service charges and arrange either for your boarding documents to be delivered by email or to pick them up at an airport kiosk. Baggage policies, full flight details and other information are also available.
Call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) and say "check in" during the automated menu or reconfirmation phone call to use this feature. After verification, you'll be checked in for your flight.
Day-of-travel notifications are a service that will automatically notify you if your flight is on time, delayed or canceled, as well as when you can check in and obtain your boarding documents. These notifications can be delivered to you via email or SMS, depending on your preference. To opt into these notifications, please provide your email and/or phone number upon booking or during check-in.