Our app is your travel toolkit. You can book United flights, check flight and upgrade statuses, view your MileagePlus account information, check in, receive a mobile boarding pass and more, directly from your mobile device. Available for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® devices (as an iPhone app) and for Android devices, the United app offers convenient access to your travel information.
We’ve reimagined the United app
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a "My Trips" section where you can find upcoming active trips, a "My Profile" section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Frequently asked questions about the United app
Booking a flight is simple. Select "Book" on the bottom navigation bar and then search for a flight — once you start searching, the booking process works the same way it does today.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account, information for your upcoming flight will appear front and center on the app’s home page starting 48 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time. Beginning 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time, you’ll be able to check in for your upcoming flight through this display.
If you’re not signed in to your MileagePlus account, you can select "Check-in" from the main menu and enter your confirmation or ticket number and last name.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account, access to your boarding pass will appear on the app’s home page along with other details about the flight.
If you’re not signed in to a MileagePlus account, you’ll need to go to "My Trips" on the bottom navigation bar.
(Please note that mobile boarding pass are available for flights departing from all U.S. airports and select international airports.)
You can access all this information from the "My Profile" section, so you can see everything in one place. You can find the "My Profile" section by selecting the icon of a person in the top right corner.
You can check your flight status by selecting "Flight Status" on the bottom navigation bar. The status will appear under the "My flights" tab. You can also check the status of other flights by searching for the flight number or destination city and arrival city.
If you’re signed in to your MileagePlus account, flights that are within 48 hours of their scheduled departure time will appear front and center on the app’s home page.
You can access the seat map for your flight via "Flight Status" on the bottom navigation bar. When you have an upcoming flight, you can also access the seat map under "Trip Details" – simply scroll down to see it.
If personal device entertainment is offered on your flight, you’ll see a tile on the app home screen once you’re in flight. You can also select "Wi-Fi & entertainment" from the main menu.
Any upcoming flights will be displayed in the "Flight Status" section of the app. There is no option to remove a flight as the "Flight Status" section will be automatically update itself two days after your travel is completed.
If you’re connecting to one of the following partner airlines, you can access your mobile boarding pass and see the flight status directly from the United app (or the mobile United site):
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- THAI Airways
- Turkish Airlines
Your mobile boarding pass is available for Google Now cards on supported Android mobile devices. When you check in online, send your confirmation email to your Gmail account, and Google Now will automatically create a boarding pass card for your upcoming flight. You must enable Gmail cards on your device in order to use this feature.
If you sign in to your MileagePlus account in the app, any current reservations associated with your account will automatically be stored in the "My Trips" section. If you don't have a MileagePlus account, you can import reservations manually. Then, enter your confirmation number and last name and you'll have the option to save your upcoming travel plans.
Flight notifications are notifications that are sent to your mobile device when there is connectivity, whether you are in the app or not. From Flight Status you can subscribe to a flight and have updated information about that flight automatically pushed to your phone. Just turn on the Push notifications switch on the flight status details page.
There’s currently a known issue with Android software that shows the current time reflected on your phone instead of the flight time. This will be corrected in a future app update.
Mobile boarding pass
Choose to have your boarding pass sent directly to your mobile device through email or the mobile app for qualifying itineraries. No printing is necessary. Once you receive your boarding pass, simply scan the barcode on the screen at airport security checkpoints and at the gate during boarding. If a seat change, upgrade or change in departure gate occurs, your boarding pass can be refreshed to display the new information as long as the device has connectivity. You can also access a mobile boarding pass for select partner airlines.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
- Antigua (ANU)
- Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN)
- Athens, Greece (ATH)
- Auckland, New Zealand (AKL)
- Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
- Berlin, Germany (TXL)
- Birmingham, England (BHX)
- Bogota, Colombia (BOG)
- Brussels, Belgium (BRU)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- Calgary, Canada (YYC)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN)
- Edinburgh, Scotland (EDI)
- Edmonton, Canada (YEG)
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
- Fukuoka, Japan (FUK)
- Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)
- Glasgow, Scotland (GLA)
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (GCM)
- Guadalajara, Mexico (GDL)
- Guam (GUM)
- Halifax, Canada (YHZ)
- Hamburg, Germany (HAM)
- Hiroshima, Japan (HIJ)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Lima, Peru (LIM)
- Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)
- London, England (LHR - Heathrow)
- Madrid, Spain (MAD)
- Majuro, Marshall Island (MAJ)
- Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
- Manchester, England (MAN)
- Manila, Philippines (MNL)
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
- Milan, Italy (MXP)
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
- Montreal, Canada (YUL)
- Munich, Germany (MUC)
- Nagoya, Japan (NGO)
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
- Oaxaca, Mexico (OAX)
- Osaka, Japan (KIX)
- Ottawa, Canada (YOW)
- Paris, France (CDG)
- Panama City, Panama (PTY)
- Papeete, PF (PPT – Tahiti)
- Pohnpei, Micronesia (PNI)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS)
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PVR)
- Quebec City, Canada (YQB)
- Quito, Ecuador (UIO)
- Rio de Janeiro (GIG)
- Rome, Italy (FCO)
- Saipan, Micronesia (SPN)
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
- San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)
- Santiago, Chile (SCL)
- Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU)
- Sendai, Japan (SDJ)
- Seoul-Incheon, Korea (ICN)
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (STT)
- Stockholm, Sweden (ARN - Arlanda)
- Taipei, Taiwan (TPE)
- Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV – Ben Gurion)
- Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
- Tokyo Haneda, Japan (HND)
- Tokyo Narita, Japan (NRT)
- Vancouver, Canada (YVR)
- Venice, Italy (VCE)
- Vieux Fort Quarter, Saint Lucia (UVF)
- Winnipeg, Canada (YWG)
- Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Other mobile tools
If you don't have access to the internet or a mobile device, you can quickly and easily check in for your United flight over the phone. Customers traveling within the U.S. or Canada with less than 10 people in their party are eligible for voice check-in.
With voice check-in, you can select the number of bags you want to check, hear your baggage service charges and arrange either for your boarding documents to be delivered by email or to pick them up at an airport kiosk. Baggage policies, full flight details and other information are also available.
Call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) and say "check in" during the automated menu or reconfirmation phone call to use this feature. After verification, you'll be checked in for your flight.
Flight notifications are a service that will automatically notify you if your flight is on time, delayed or canceled, as well as when you can check in and obtain your boarding documents. MileagePlus members can sign up to receive flight notifications every time they travel.