United Economy dining
United Economy® dining features a variety of options based on the length and location of your flight. Selections range from Choice Menu snacks available for purchase to complimentary multi-course meals designed in consultation with our team of chefs. Soft drinks, juices, coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary worldwide.
|Routes||Complimentary meal service||Complimentary mid-flight snack||Complimentary beer and house wines||Choice Menu Snack shop||Choice Menu Bistro on board|
|Within North America and the Caribbean1,2||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S., Central America and Mexico1,2||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and Colombia, Ecuador and Peru||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and Argentina, Brazil and Chile3||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and Africa, Europe4, India, Israel and the Middle East3||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and China, Japan5, Korea and Taiwan3||Not available||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and Australia, New Zealand and Singapore||Not available|
|Between the U.S. and Tahiti||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Intra-Pacific, including Micronesia||Not available||Not available||Not available||Not available|
|Between Guam and Honolulu1,2||Not available||Not available||Not available|
Complimentary meal service
On flights between the United States and Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, and intra-Pacific flights including Micronesia:
Enjoy complimentary snacks or meals. Please see the inflight amenities section on united.com/flightstatus or the United app to see which service is scheduled on your flight.
On long-haul flights between the U.S. and Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Europe, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, the Middle East, New Zealand, Singapore, Tahiti and Taiwan:
Our team of chefs has designed a three-course meal service for most flights. On flights where the main meal is lunch or dinner, the meal service includes a light snack offered with the initial beverage service, a generous meal served with salad, artisan bread and a premium dessert.
Along with the complimentary meal, we are pleased to offer complimentary beer and house wines, and also a bottle of water. Spirits are available for purchase.
On long-haul flights over 12 hours and flights between Los Angeles or San Francisco and Europe:
We offer a mid-flight snack, which includes a sandwich and candy.
Snack with your choice of beverage
During the initial beverage service, we'll offer a snack which may include a stroopwafel, pretzels or a snack mix, depending on the flight.
The following are sample main course options that may be offered on a flight where lunch or dinner is the main meal:
- Mozzarella and roasted red pepper agnolotti in vodka sauce, served with kale, fire-roasted peppers, a petite soft baguette and apple wheat berry grain salad
- Smoked chicken in mustard barbecue sauce, served with white cheddar grits, collard greens, fire-roasted corn, onion and peppers, a dinner roll and cranberry pumpkin quinoa salad
- Seared sweet chili chicken served with lemon grass fried rice, broccoli, mushrooms, micro pot stickers, an artisan bread roll and South American grain salad
Our premium dessert selection may include gelato, sorbet, ice cream, mousse or a regional specialty.
On flights over 12 hours and flights between Los Angeles or San Francisco and Europe, enjoy a complimentary sandwich and candy.
On flights between the U.S. and Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, enjoy packaged snacks and snackboxes, available for purchase. After the meal service, our Choice Menu Snack Shop will be available for the rest of the flight.
Depending on the flight, we will offer either a complimentary snack including a warm croissant with preserves and yogurt, or meal such as cinnamon swirl French toast with chicken sausage prior to landing.
- Choice Menu Snack shop offers snacks and snackboxes for purchase throughout the day in United Economy on most United mainline and United Express flights with a scheduled flight time over 1.5 hours. Choice Menu Bistro on board offers freshly prepared meals available for purchase in United Economy on most United mainline flights with a scheduled flight time over 3 hours departing before 8 p.m.
- United offers a complimentary snack on flights within North America, between the U.S. and Central America, and between Honolulu and Guam.
- Choice Menu Snack shop offers snacks and snackboxes for purchase throughout the flight.
- Mid-flight snacks are only offered on flights between Los Angeles or San Francisco and Paris, Frankfurt or London Heathrow.
- Mid-flight snacks are not available on flights between Japan and Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Honolulu.