In addition to the special care provided to animals when they travel as baggage or cargo, United's PetSafe® program offers a guaranteed, flight-specific service, based on the time of tender.
Overall rate guidelines
- United's booking, handling and acceptance procedures apply.
- Additional animal handling and kenneling fees may apply.
- All PetSafe animal shipments must be prepaid.
For shipments within the U.S.
- All rates are charged per piece based on the total weight of the animal and crate combined. Each crate is considered 1 piece. Please note that rates do not include applicable fees and surcharges.
- Any fraction of a kg moves to next weight break (5.1 K = 5-25 KG weight break).
Contact the PetSafe Desk at 1-800-575-3335 or 1-832-235-1541 for additional information regarding rates.
For international shipments
Please contact your local specialized IPATA-regulated pet shipping agent for rate details. A list of IPATA members can be found at ipata.org