PetSafe® is United’s specially designed program for transporting cats and dogs that are not eligible to travel in the aircraft cabin. PetSafe offers airport-to-airport travel for cats and dogs traveling to approximately 300 destinations, and members of our PetSafe team are trained professionals who love animals and are dedicated to ensuring that all pets receive the best care throughout their entire journey.
Overall rate guidelines
- United's booking, handling and acceptance procedures apply.
- Additional animal handling and kenneling fees may apply.
- All PetSafe animal transportation must be prepaid.
For transportation within the U.S.
- All rates are charged per piece based on the total weight of the animal and crate combined. Each crate is considered 1 piece.
- Any fraction of a kilogram or pound moves to the next weight break (5.1 kg = 5-25 kg weight break).
Use our estimation tool to estimate the approximate cost for PetSafe to transport your pet within the U.S.
For international transportation
Please contact your local specialized IPATA-regulated pet shipping agent for rate details. A list of IPATA members can be found at ipata.org
Contact the PetSafe Desk at 1-800-575-3335 or 1-832-235-1541 for additional information.