Industry-leading comfort and safety features
We prioritize the safety and well-being of cats and dogs through every step of their journey with United PetSafe.
- Operate over 80 custom-designed, climate-controlled vehicles to safely transport pets in all weather conditions
- Pets are placed onto the aircraft last and removed first to minimize stress
- In the air, pets remain secure and comfortable in climate-controlled, pressurized compartments
- Onsite kennels and offsite facilities accommodate pets during long connection times and before international travel
- Dedicated, specially trained PetSafe Customer Service Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Plus, earn 500 MileagePlus® award miles for each PetSafe shipment within the U.S. and 1,000 miles for all other shipments*
*This offer is subject to change. See the complete rules of the MileagePlus program.
Book travel with PetSafe
Request a booking by submitting our form or contacting your local pet shipper.
Review and complete these documents prior to traveling to ensure a safe and smooth travel experience.
Before you book
Here are the factors and information you need to consider before reserving your pet’s travel on United via our PetSafe program.
Preparing your pet for travel: Required documents
This section details the certificates, forms and documents you must present when you drop your pet off for travel to ensure they are prepared for a safe and healthy journey.
Preparing your pet for travel: Crate requirements
With your pet fully acclimated to a properly-sized and -constructed crate, they’ll be prepared to travel in safety and comfort.
There are just a few more things you need to do to prepare your pet and their crate for the best possible travel experience.
At the airport on travel day
When and where to drop off your pet, and working with United PetSafe agents at the airport to ensure a safe journey.
General information and guidelines regarding our shipping rates.
Frequently asked questions
Read the answers to common questions about United’s PetSafe program.