At the airport on travel day
You’ll need to check your pet in at the designated airport drop-off area no later than the minimum time before their departure. To make sure you have enough time to check in your pet, please arrive at least 30 minutes before the minimum time shown below. It’s important to check in by the cutoff time, or we might need to rebook your pet on a later flight.
- Flights within the continental U.S.: 2 hours
- Flights from the U.S. to international destinations: 3 hours
- Flights from outside the U.S. have local requirements that vary, so please contact United PetSafe for more information.
PetSafe drop-off and pickup locations
Please visit the United Cargo website to find more information about airport hours and PetSafe drop-off and pickup locations. You can search by using the airport code or city name.
If you have any questions, please contact PetSafe at 1-800-575-3335.
Documents needed at check-in
When you drop off your pet, an agent will complete an acceptance checklist for your pet. We’ll check to make sure your pet and their crate meet all of our standards and policies, and then we’ll have you sign the checklist.
You’ll also need to bring these documents with you when you drop off your pet:
- Health certificate signed and completed by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of the flight
- Two copies of the signed and completed Customer Acknowledgment Form
- Two printed copies of a photo clearly showing your pet’s face (image should be no smaller than 3” x 3” and no larger than 4” x 6”). We’ll include one copy of this photo with your pet’s crate to help our employees identify your pet.
Even though you submitted some of these documents for preapproval, it’s important to also have paper copies for your pet’s trip.
If your pet is traveling internationally, you’ll need to bring these additional documents:
- Completed IPATA Departure Checklist
- Any additional required documents for travel/entry to the destination (from your IPATA Departure Checklist and confirmed by your IPATA shipper)
For your pet’s safety, acceptance for travel always depends on final review, inspection and approval by United PetSafe when you drop off your pet at the airport on travel day.