United Club terms and conditions
Important: The following are the rules and other provisions (collectively, “Rules”) pertaining to United Club Membership and your use of United ClubSM locations, Partner Lounges (defined below), United Polaris® lounges and United Arrivals Lounges, (collectively, "Lounges"). By purchasing a United Club membership or using the Lounges, you indicate your acceptance of these Rules and agree to abide by them. United Club memberships and use of Lounges will be governed by these Rules, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them. These Rules cannot be superseded or changed, except in writing from United Airlines or any of its affiliates (collectively, "United"). The most current Rules may be found on united.com and this is the final authority on the Rules. The Rules on united.com shall be deemed to supersede any prior or conflicting versions thereof.
- United has the right to change the Rules, benefits (including Lounge hours, locations, amenities and services), access policies and conditions of membership and use, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice. Terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning assigned in the rules of United’s MileagePlus® Program (“Program Rules”). All Program Rules apply to your United Club membership and use of Lounges.
- The Rules control your United Club membership and use of Lounges and no covenants at law or in equity shall be implied or incorporated, all of which are expressly disclaimed. United has the sole right to interpret and apply the Rules. IN NO EVENT SHALL UNITED BE LIABLE TO A MEMBER, OR ANYONE ACTING ON MEMBER’S BEHALF, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF UNITED IN CONNECTION WITH UNITED CLUB MEMBERSHIP OR USE OF LOUNGES, OR COSTS OR ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Any abuse of United Club membership or Lounge use or failure to follow the Rules, the Program Rules, United’s Contract of Carriage, United’s fare rules, any violation of law, rule or regulation, any conduct detrimental to the interests of United, any fraudulent activity or attempted fraudulent activity, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to United or its affiliates by any Participant, anyone else acting on the Participant's behalf, or any third party, may result in United exercising any one or more of the following remedies (“United’s Remedies”), with or without notice to the Participant: (a) termination or suspension of United Club membership and Lounge access without compensation and (b) exercising any of United’s Remedies under the Program Rules or United’s Contract of Carriage.
- Neither United’s waiver or consent to a deviation from the Rules nor any course of dealing shall be construed as a waiver by United of any subsequent violation of the Rules and United may invoke United’s Remedies for a violation of the Rules despite any such prior waiver or consent.
- Members will not be compensated for changes in membership benefits, amenities, Lounge locations or changes to these Rules.
- United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products, services or activities of any partner and are not responsible for products or services separately offered by third parties and made available at any Lounge operated by another entity or airline, including, without limitation, participating Star Alliance™-affiliated lounges, with which United has a reciprocal access arrangement (each, a “Partner Lounge”).
- A one-year United Club membership can be purchased on united.com, with a United Club representative at any United Club location, or by phone at 1-866-822-5827. Prices may vary based on MileagePlus Premier® level. If a membership has been expired for more than 30 days, it is considered a new enrollment.
- Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Memberships are open only to members of the United MileagePlus Program and such members must be 18 or older.
- Membership will expire on the date indicated when purchasing the membership.
- You can renew a United Club membership beginning 60 days prior to its expiration at the price effective on the date of renewal.
- Members enrolled in auto-renew will be charged for the renewal 30 days prior to membership expiration. The renewal will be charged to the form of payment on file at the price effective on that day.
- Gift subscriptions must be activated within 60 days of purchase. Gifts not activated within 60 days will automatically activate and expire in one year.
- You may request the replacement of a lost or stolen membership card in person at a United Club location or by calling customer service at 1-866-822-5827. There may be a service charge for issuing a replacement card.
- Memberships may not be sold by anyone other than United. Any memberships sold by a party other than United are void, and United reserves the right to take any or all of the following actions in connection with a third-party sale of a membership: (a) invalidate the membership; (b) assess the member for the actual value of the services obtained through use of the membership; (c) delete award miles in the member’s MileagePlus account or take any other action permitted by the rules for MileagePlus program; and (d) take legal action against the member or third-party seller of the membership.
- A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass, a same-day boarding pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID), or other credentials are required for admittance to United Club locations. Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star AllianceTM or a contracted partner operated flight for entry into all United Club locations. Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flights. At partner lounges, including participating Star Alliance-affiliated lounges, United Club members who are general MileagePlus members or MileagePlus Premier Silver members must present a valid physical membership card and any other required documentation. MileagePlus Premier Gold members and above only need a boarding pass.
- Membership cards are nontransferable and may not be loaned to others. United representatives will confiscate membership cards that are expired or presented by anyone other than the member.
- United Club members may bring one adult and dependent children under 21, or up to two guests, into any United Club location. Members must accompany their family and guests during their United Club visit. Members are responsible for ensuring guests and family members comply with these Rules.
- Individuals must be 18 or older to enter any United-operated Lounge, including United Polaris lounges, unless accompanied by a supervising adult 18 or older.
- Guests must be at least 21 to visit a Lounge with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by an adult who is at least 21. Local age laws and regulations apply in non-U.S. Lounges.
- A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Children under 2 years old may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass. A one-time pass cannot be used at United Arrivals Lounges, United Polaris lounges or Partner Lounges. Effective November 1, 2019, one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner operated flight for entry into all United Club locations.
- Access to Lounges may be denied for one-time pass users during busy times when Lounges are at or near capacity.
- One-time passes will not be honored or accepted after their printed expiration date.
- United reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the atmosphere of the United Club.
- United Club members who bring more guests than allowed will be charged for any additional guests.
- A United Club membership cannot be used for admittance to United Polaris lounges or United Arrivals Lounges. Please refer to the Club and Lounge Access page for access requirements and eligibility information.
Atmosphere and attire
- During your visit to a Lounge, we ask that your attire and conduct be consistent with the environment.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones or earbuds when using personal devices such as smartphones, tablets and other electronics, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any device.
- Solicitation is prohibited in all Lounges.
- Use of tobacco products, including electronic products, cigarettes, pipes, chewing tobacco or cigars is not permitted inside Lounges.
- In addition to United’s Remedies, United reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or guest for any conduct United deems inappropriate.
- United reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any patron who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Food and alcoholic beverages may not be brought into Lounge locations. Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under 21 years old. Local age laws and regulations apply in non-U.S. locations.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Lounges.
- Laying on the floor or placing feet on the furniture is prohibited in all Lounges.
- United will not be held responsible for personal articles lost or stolen in any Lounge.
Pet and service animal policy
- Service animals and in-cabin pets are welcome in certain United Club locations, provided local ordinances permit them.
- All policies associated with service animals and in-cabin pets traveling on United or United Express® flights, including the Contract of Carriage, also apply in Lounges.
- In-cabin pets must remain inside their carriers with the door secured at all times and the bright yellow bag tag visible.
- Animals must be trained to behave properly in public settings and follow the direction of their owners.
- Animals must be clean and properly groomed.
- Animals are not allowed to occupy seats in the Lounge.
- Animals are not allowed to eat or drink from United Club service ware.
- Animals may not engage in disruptive behavior such as roaming freely, barking, growling or biting.
- All animals must remain on the floor when they are near food or beverage display areas.
- United considers membership and/or use of any Lounge an acceptance of these Rules.
- United reserves the right to modify pricing, benefits, services, hours, club locations and reciprocal lounge agreements at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- United will not be liable for interruptions, delays or failures in performance caused by acts of God, war, strike, labor dispute, work stoppage, fire, government or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond our control.
- United reserves the right to terminate membership or remove any customer from a Lounge for any abuse of privileges (including inappropriate conduct), failure to follow these terms and conditions or failure to follow the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Membership in United MileagePlus is a prerequisite for a United Club membership and therefore a member’s termination from the United MileagePlus program will result in an immediate termination from the United Club membership without compensation. United reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.
- United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. Learn more about the MileagePlus program.