Treat yourself to the additional benefits of premium cabin seating:
- Free standard checked bag
- Comfortable, spacious seats
- Priority boarding and security line access
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages
With a premium cabin seating offer, you can be instantly confirmed in a seat in one of our premium cabins. You may have the option to purchase premium cabin seating when booking a ticket, viewing your reservation through the Manage Reservations page on united.com, or checking in online, on a mobile device or at an airport kiosk. The personalized price that you’ll see in the offer is based on multiple factors, such as Premier® status, seat availability, flight origin and destination, date of travel, and date of ticket purchase.
In addition to purchasing premium cabin seating, there are a variety of other ways to enjoy the premium cabin experience using your MileagePlus benefits.
- Paid upgrades allow customers to confirm an upgrade immediately, if one is available on flights operated by United® and United Express® only. Star Alliance™ and codeshare flights are not eligible.
- An upgrade purchase reserves a seat in United Polaris® business class, United First®, United Business® or United Premium Plus℠ seat. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed, and prices vary.
- An upgrade purchase is processed based on seat availability at time of purchase.
- Upgrades are nonrefundable, except when a flight is involuntarily canceled, your itinerary is involuntarily changed to a different flight or the flight is oversold and we cannot accommodate you in a premium cabin on a later flight. In these situations, United will refund the purchase price of the unused upgrade.
- Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for any type of upgrade or purchase of premium cabin seating.
- This offer is subject to change without notice.
Will the option to purchase premium cabin seating be available on all flights?
A premium cabin seating offer will only be presented if seats are available. Premium cabin seating may not be available on all flights.
Does the ability to purchase premium cabin seating after booking a ticket mean that I no longer need to purchase premium cabin fares when booking my travel?
No. Premium cabin seating offers are not available on all flights because they are based on the number of seats available in the premium cabin and the demand for premium cabin seating. The best way to confirm your seat in a premium cabin is to purchase the appropriate fare when you book your travel.
Will I earn additional miles for a premium cabin seating offer?
No. Mileage accrual and Premier qualification credits will be based on the original purchased fare.
Are premium cabin seating offers refundable?
Premium cabin seating offers are nonrefundable, except in the event of an involuntary change, such as a flight cancellation, a change to a different flight, or an oversold flight, that does not allow the customer to be accommodated in a premium cabin.
How do I request a refund?
If you would like to submit a request, please fill out our online refund form.
Can I request premium cabin seating for a travel companion?
Premium cabin seating offers are applicable only for the customer listed on the boarding pass. However, your companion may also have the opportunity to purchase premium cabin seating. Companions can check for a premium cabin seating offer by signing in to the Manage Reservations page on united.com, or when checking in online, on a mobile device or at an airport kiosk.
Can I purchase premium cabin seating for a Basic Economy ticket?
No. Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for premium cabin seating purchases.