United Travel Options bundles
Your travel should fit you
You can elevate your travel experience with United Travel Options products that are bundled together to provide more comfort, convenience and relaxation.
Bundle offers are customized to your trip and may include a combination of:
- Economy Plus seating
- A standard checked bag
- Premier Access®
- A United Club℠ trip pass
- Extra award miles
Bundles are available when you book flights on united.com. When you're offered multiple products together, you'll save money by purchasing them together.
- United Travel Options bundles are services that are separate from and in addition to the base fare.
- Travel Options bundles on their own are nonrefundable in whole or part, unless otherwise noted in these terms and conditions. However, certain changes to the associated ticket may result in a refund for the bundle.
- Bundles are sold by direction of travel and apply to all travelers on the reservation. Features of the bundle only apply to purchased flights.
- Bundles may include Economy Plus seating, one standard checked bag, Premier Access® (priority check-in, priority security lane access where available, and priority boarding), United Club℠ trip pass and/or extra award miles.
- Travel Options bundles are only available on trips with all flights marketed and operated by United or United Express®.
- Due to limited availability of certain features, it is possible that your purchased bundle will not include all features in all instances. Available features will be shown before you complete your purchase. The bundle price will only include features that are available when purchasing.
- Your receipt will show the individual values of the features in the bundle.
- The standard checked bag feature will grant travelers one standard checked bag at 50 lbs. (23 kg) added to their allowance for the associated trip, including any baggage benefits from MileagePlus Premier® status, a checked baggage subscription or purchasing a ticket with certain credit cards. It does not cover any additional charges due to overweight or oversized baggage.
- With the purchase of extra award miles, travelers will receive 500 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for travel entirely within the 48 continental United States or 1,000 extra award miles when purchasing tickets for other travel. The miles will be deposited in the travelers' MileagePlus account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight with the Travel Options bundle. All travelers must enter their MileagePlus numbers in the reservation prior to departure to receive the extra miles. Members will continue to earn award miles and bonus award miles based on fare class purchased and Premier status.
- Extra award miles are subject to all MileagePlus terms and conditions.
- Priority baggage handling is not included with Premier Access purchase (either purchased on its own or as part of a Travel Options bundle).
- A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
- Travelers under 18 cannot use a United Club trip pass unless they're accompanied by a traveler over 18 on the same reservation. All United Club terms and conditions apply during your visits to United Club locations.
- An Economy Plus purchase reserves a seat within the Economy Plus seating area. Specific seat assignments are not guaranteed.
- If Economy Plus is part of the purchased bundle, MileagePlus members will earn Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) for the Economy Plus portion upon completion of travel. PQD from Economy Plus are credited to the member who travels in the Economy Plus seat.
- If a bundle includes Economy Plus, refunds are processed automatically after scheduled departure in the event of flight cancellation or change to a different flight, when travel is completed in a standard United Economy® seat, or when travel is completed in a seat of equal or greater value through the purchase of a premium cabin seating offer. If a Complimentary Premier Upgrade is issued, then the Economy Plus portion of the bundle is not eligible for a refund.
- Customers who are eligible to receive a refund for Economy Plus as part of a bundle and who have not received the refund within two billing cycles of their scheduled flight departure can submit a request through united.com using the refund request form.
- Offer subject to change without notice.
Where can I buy a United Travel Options bundle?
You can purchase a Travel Options bundle when you book travel on united.com or on the United app. If you select United Economy® seating when choosing your flights, available bundles will be displayed on the Review Trip Itinerary page. Bundles are also available after your booking through My trips.
What determines the bundle offers I see when booking?
Travel Options bundles are customized based on your trip, and could include any combination of products. The more products you buy together, the more you'll save on them.
Are any flights not eligible for Travel Options bundles?
Bundles are not available on codeshare and mixed-airline trips. Premium cabin and mixed-cabin itineraries and select itineraries to international destinations may have limited bundle availability.
If I'm traveling with my family, can I buy a Travel Options bundle for just one of us?
No, Travel Options bundles apply to all travelers on a reservation.
How do I use the travel perks in my Travel Options bundle?
Your purchase is linked to your reservation, so you just need the confirmation number to check in and then your boarding pass to enjoy the individual United Travel Options products.
- Economy Plus® seating: You can select any available Economy Plus seat at any time after purchase and before travel by going to My trips. You can also change your Economy Plus seat at any time at no additional cost.
- Standard checked bag: After purchasing a bundle that includes a standard checked bag, your baggage allowance will be increased by one. During check-in, the applicable baggage service charge will automatically be processed as $0.
- Premier Access®: Premier Access includes dedicated airport check-in lines, exclusive security lanes and priority boarding. Our system will automatically apply "Premier Access" to your reservation, and it will be noted on your boarding pass. Show your boarding pass at the Premier Access check-in and security lines for access. You will automatically be assigned to boarding group 2, unless your MileagePlus status grants a higher boarding priority.
- United Club℠ trip pass: A United Club trip pass grants a traveler access to all available United Club locations, not including United Arrivals Lounges, United Global First℠ Lounges and United Polaris® lounges. You can use the pass at the departing, connecting and arriving airports for one direction of travel, although some lounges may not be accessible after landing on international itineraries. The pass is only good for the person named on the boarding pass (no guests) and expires upon completion of the trip.
- Extra award miles: The extra award miles will automatically post to your account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight included in your Travel Options bundle.
Can I get a refund for my Travel Options bundle if I no longer want it on my trip?
No, Travel Options bundles are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted in the terms and conditions, or if the ticket is refunded or canceled as permitted by the fare rules.
Will my Travel Options bundle be refunded if I cancel my trip?
Yes. In the event of a ticket refund or cancellation as permitted by the fare rules, Travel Options bundle purchases will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the refund, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features will be refunded.
What will happen if I purchased a Travel Options bundle but want to change my flights?
In the event of a voluntary change to a trip as permitted by the fare rules, the Travel Options bundle will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the change, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded. For a same-day change to a trip including a bundle, United will, if available, transfer the bundle to your new flight(s) free of charge. If your Travel Options bundle includes Economy Plus and we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure.
What happens to my Travel Options bundle if I get upgraded?
In the event of an upgrade, excluding Complimentary Premier® Upgrades, the bundle for the entire direction of travel, including the upgraded segment, will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the upgrade, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded. The refund will occur once the upgrade has cleared.
What happens if my itinerary changes due to a cancellation or schedule change?
In the event of any involuntary changes, such as rebooking due to a cancellation or schedule change, United will, if available, transfer the bundle to your new flight(s) free of charge. If your Travel Options bundle includes Economy Plus and we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure. If you are re-accommodated on another airline per United's policies, any Travel Options bundles for that portion of the itinerary will be automatically refunded. If the bundle is partially used at the time of the involuntary change, only the value of any unused Economy Plus and Premier Access features of the bundle will be refunded.
I purchased a Travel Options bundle that included Economy Plus, but I didn't get to sit in an Economy Plus seat. Will I receive a refund?
Yes. If we're unable to accommodate you in Economy Plus, the value of that feature, which is indicated on your receipt, will be automatically refunded after flight departure.
Are my Travel Options bundle purchases eligible for Premier® qualifying dollars (PQD)?
Only the Economy Plus feature of bundles count toward your PQD balance for Premier status qualification. MileagePlus members will earn PQD only on the Economy Plus portion of the bundle upon completion of travel. PQD from these purchases are credited to the account of the member who travels in the Economy Plus seat. The number of PQD earned is indicated on your receipt.
If I bought a checked bag, will I receive a refund if my baggage is damaged or lost?
If your additional standard checked bag is declared lost, damaged or destroyed by United in accordance with our baggage policies, you are eligible for a refund for the value of that feature as indicated on your receipt.
When will my extra award miles post to my MileagePlus account?
If you purchase extra award miles, they'll post to your account within 48 hours after departure of the first flight included in your Travel Options bundle. For additional support, please contact the MileagePlus Service Center to request a credit. Please have your ticket number ready.
I already get many benefits as a Premier member or with my United Travel Options subscriptions. Why should I buy a United Travel Options bundle?
Certain features of bundles may overlap with benefits from your Premier status, purchased subscriptions or United Club membership. Bundles are always in addition to any other benefits you may hold. The additional standard checked bag feature is on top of all your other allowances, allowing you one more standard checked bag. Also, keep in mind that your Premier or subscription benefits only apply on reservations on which you are one of the travelers and your status is active at the time of flight departure. You can purchase a Travel Options bundle for others not traveling with you or for yourself if your Premier status will expire before your flights.
I purchased my ticket with a credit card that includes some of the features of the Travel Options bundle. Why should I buy a bundle?
Some features of Travel Options bundles may overlap with benefits you get by purchasing your ticket using eligible MileagePlus credit cards. Features of bundles are always in addition to any other benefit you may already receive. The additional standard checked bag allowance is on top of all your other allowances, allowing you one more standard checked bag. Also, keep in mind that your credit card benefits only apply on tickets that were purchased with that specific card. You can purchase a Travel Options bundle to elevate your travel experience on trips not purchased with your MileagePlus credit card.
Do I need to be a MileagePlus member in order to purchase a bundle?
No, but to receive the extra award miles included in some bundle offers, your MileagePlus number must be associated with your reservation before the first flight on your itinerary departs.
I purchased the standard checked bag, Premier Access and/or United Club trip pass, but didn't use them. Can I receive a refund?
No, these features are always nonrefundable, unless the entire bundle is refunded as a result of certain changes to your ticket as listed in other answers above.
Can I buy a Travel Options bundle when traveling on a Basic Economy ticket?
No, Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for Economy Plus seating or Economy Plus subscription benefits.