Check up to two bags for free when you travel.
With a baggage subscription, you and up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation can each check up to two bags per flight for free.
Please note: The purchase of a baggage subscription does not waive the fees for oversized and/or overweight bags and does not cover the cost of checking more than two standard bags.
Starting at $349
Options for customizing your subscription
Choose the ability to check your first standard bag or first and second standard bags for free every time you travel.
Customize the number of companions who are able to receive this benefit when traveling on the same reservation as you.
Select the geographic region where you want to be able to use your subscription.
It's easy to enjoy a subscription
Select the travelers and region for your subscription.
Buy your subscription.
3. Check bags
Check your baggage in at the airport.
Once you've subscribed, simply make sure that your MileagePlus number is associated with each United ticket that you purchase, and your standard checked baggage service charges will be waived at check-in.
Subscription purchase and use:
- Subscriptions are nonrefundable and not transferable.
- Subscriptions will expire on the date indicated on the term at purchase of the subscription.
- The baggage subscription applies only when checking bags on a journey originating with a United or United Express flight that departs within your subscription period.
- When checking bags with another airline, you will be subject to the other airline’s baggage policies and fees.
- Fees for overweight, oversized, excess, odd-sized bags, specialty items, and sporting equipment may apply. For more information visit united.com/baggage
- Subscriptions may be customized to benefit additional travelers on the same reservation as the subscriber. Travelers not covered by the subscription benefits are subject to additional charges.
- Flights must be scheduled to depart within the subscription period.
- The subscriber’s MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
- Subscription prices are subject to change without notice. An initiation fee applies for all new or expired subscriptions.
- United reserves the right to amend, cancel, or modify these terms, conditions, and pricing at any time with or without notice.
- Subscriptions may not be sold by anyone other than United. Any Subscriptions sold by a party other than United are void, and United reserves the right to take any or all of the following actions in connection with a third-party sale of a Subscription: 1) invalidate the Subscription; 2) assess the traveler for the actual value of the services obtained through use of the Subscription; 3) delete miles in the traveler’s MileagePlus account or take any other action permitted by the Rules for MileagePlus Program; and 4) take legal action against the traveler or third-party seller of the Subscription.
- Subscriptions may be upgraded at any time.
- Upgraded subscriptions are valid for one year from the time of upgrade.
- Any unused value from the previous subscription will be applied to the upgrade price.
Renewal and auto-renew:
- Subscriptions can be renewed 30 days prior to its expiration.
- Subscribers enrolled in auto-renew will be charged for the renewal 30 days prior to its expiration to the form of payment on file at the price effective on that day.
- Gifts must be activated within 60 days of purchase. Gifts not activated within 60 days are automatically activated and expire in one year.
- The subscription offer is made at United’s discretion and is subject to change or termination at any time
Baggage subscriptions are available on United and United Express operated flights only. Flights operated by other carriers will be subject to rules applied by that carrier.
Your baggage subscription is valid for all segments in the subscribed region on United or United Express operated flights.
Benefits apply only to the number of passengers that you purchased in the subscription provided they are traveling on the same reservation. Additional passengers will be subject to standard baggage service charges.
Baggage subscription region applies to the origin and destination. Standard baggage charges will apply if your origin or destination is outside your subscribed region.
No, any bags that are overweight, over-size, excess, extra value, or special items will be subject to applicable baggage service charges.
You can return anytime to the My Account page on united.com to manage your subscription. It’s easy to make updates at your convenience. You can modify/upgrade, renew, or set up your subscription to auto-renew.
You can upgrade your subscription at any time on the My Account page. Upgrading your subscription will extend its duration for another year with the new level of benefits that you select. Any residual value of your existing subscription will be applied to the subscription upgrade automatically.
Yes, schedule your subscription renewal in advance so that your subscriptions renew automatically with an existing payment method. You’ll continue to enjoy uninterrupted access to your subscription. From your My Account page, you can modify the form of payment used for auto-renew or toggle your auto-renew setting on or off.
Renew your subscriptions from your My Account page. You will have the option to select from the benefit options and to determine the price of your subscription.
Yes, we will send you a reminder email prior to your subscription’s expiration date with more details and information on current pricing. Renewal prices are subject to change.
Yes, visit united.com to purchase subscriptions for your favorite travelers and help to make all their journeys more comfortable and convenient.
If you received a subscription as a gift, apply the subscription to your MileagePlus account.
You will have the option to deposit a value to United® TravelBank as an electronic fund which can be applied toward any United or United Express flights or subscriptions on united.com.