We want to see where this discount takes you. Use the hashtag #MyUnitedJourney on social media to share your experience with us.
Discounted flights for 18 to 22 year olds
Whether it’s going to your dream music festival or visiting the family — get closer to what matters most with up to 10% off flights. This membership discount is exclusively for 18- to 22-year-old travelers and available only through the United app.
You can book flights for yourself with this limited-time discount until December 31, 2019, so don’t wait to plan your next trip.
How it works
You’ll get 10% off flights within the U.S., Canada and Mexico. If you’re looking to go further, we’ll take a little something off select international destinations as well.
To get this discount, follow these steps:
- Download the latest United app. You’ll only get this discount when booking flights on the app.
Download it here:
- Sign up for a MileagePlus® account. Don’t forget to enter your date of birth.
- Search for flights on the United app. Select “Book” on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select “Discounted travel (ages 18-22).” That way, the discount will automatically show up when you search for flights.
Keep an eye out for additional discounts when you book your flight with this promotion.
Travel more sustainably
You’ll have the opportunity to reduce your carbon footprint when you travel with us, too. If you’re one of the first 25,000 travelers who books a flight with this discount, we’ll offset your share of the carbon emissions associated with that flight.
Share your experience
Frequently asked questions
MileagePlus members who are 18 to 22 years old at the time of booking are eligible for this discount. They also need to have a date of birth listed on their MileagePlus account.
You can sign up for a MileagePlus account on united.com or the United app.
Sign in to your MileagePlus account through the United app or united.com to add your date of birth to your account. The date of birth you provide must match your travel documents.
No. The discounted airfare is for individual tickets only. However, if your friend or family member is also between the ages of 18-22 at the time of booking, they can book a discounted ticket for themselves on the United app as well.
All discounted tickets are available through the United app.
No. Discounted tickets are only available on the United app.
No. All new flight bookings will be eligible for the discount.
The discount is valid on United- or United Express®-operated flights within the United States and to and from select international destinations originating in the United States. Members will have access to all available discounted flights through the United app. International discounts also apply to certain codeshare flights identified with a “UA*” flight number and operated by Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Brussels, Lufthansa and Swiss.
All discounted flights will have a discount ticket indicator under the price. To ensure you’re in the right place, follow the below steps:
- Open the latest version of United app
- Select the “Book” tab
- Select “Discounted travel (ages 18-22)”
- Fill out the travel information and click “Search flights”
- All discounted fares will appear within the final search
This discounted is available for United Economy® or Basic Economy purchases.
No. You’re eligible if you’re a MileagePlus member and between 18-22 years old at the time of booking.
Yes, you’re eligible for this discount if you don’t live in the United States. However this discount is for United- or United Express-operated flights originating in the United States. All bookings are in U.S currency only.
Discounted ticket itineraries are eligible for FareLock.
Yes. If you’re a MileagePlus member and are between 18-22 years old at the time of booking, you’ll receive the discount along with all the benefits of your Premier status. Premier members who purchase Basic Economy tickets are subject to most of the Basic Economy restrictions. However, Premier members will receive the same boarding priority as they would receive when traveling on any other ticket, and they're always eligible for a full-sized carry-on bag and the complimentary checked baggage allowance they receive with their Premier status.
Yes. All discounted tickets purchased with a United credit card will receive cardmember benefits, so long as the cardholder is the customer that is traveling on the itinerary.
All discount fares are available for purchase through December 31, 2019, regardless of flight date.
This discount doesn’t apply to taxes, fees or surcharges, including passenger facility charges, international departure tax, customs users/immigration fees, agricultural tax or airport security charges. It is the responsibility of the passenger to pay such amounts at time of ticketing. In addition, the discount doesn’t apply to checked baggage or other fees.
The discount is available for flights operated United, United Express and select partner airlines with codeshare flights identified with a “UA*” flight number. Members will have access to all available discounted fares through the United app.
You can enroll in MileagePlus by visiting united.com
You can ensure your date of birth is in your member profile by visiting your account on united.com
You must be 18-22 years old to book the discounted travel. Your date of birth must match all government forms of identification.
You must purchase your discounted ticket on the latest version of the United app, which you can download from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Must be a MileagePlus member aged 18-22, at the time of booking, to be eligible for discounted fares.
- Birthday field must be completed within MileagePlus account.
- Discounted fares only available in the United mobile app when signed into your MileagePlus account.
- Fares that are discounted are indicated in the booking path.
- 10% discount on United or United Express, operated flights within North America originating in the United States. All published, non-contracted economy class fares are eligible. Specialty contracted/net/bulk or government fares are not eligible.
- Varying discounts on select United and United Express International flights originating in the United States.
- May also be valid on certain codeshare flights identified with a “UA*” flight number and operated by Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Brussels, Air Canada, ANA or Air New Zealand
- Tickets must be purchased by December 31, 2019.
- Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets.
- All rules and travel restrictions of the purchased fare apply. When applicable, refunds may be issued based on the amount paid; however, additional charges may apply.
- Domestic and International fare discounts do not apply to taxes/fees/surcharges, including passenger facility charges, international departure tax, customs users/immigration fees, agricultural tax or airport security charges. It is the responsibility of the passenger to pay such amounts at time of ticketing. In addition, the discount does not apply to checked baggage or other fees.
- Not combinable with any other discount travel certificate, MileagePlus reward or other discounted fares.
- MileagePlus mileage credit is awarded based on the discounted fare purchased.
- In the event of a flight irregularity, alternative travel will be provided on flights operated by United, United Express, or those listed as “UA*” flights.
- United Airlines reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotional offer without prior notice.
- Miles, awards and benefits are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For details, see www.united.com.