MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge
Posted Tue., Oct. 1, 2019
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Premier Status Match Challenge. Our 2019 Challenge has ended. We’ll have an updated Premier Status Match Challenge in January 2020.
For members registered in the Premier Status match program prior to October 1, 2019 and currently participating in the Premier Status match program, all 90-day offer periods will end no later than December 31, 2019; to keep the matched Premier status for the remainder of the 2019 program year, you will need to earn a certain number of Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or Premier qualifying segments (PQS) on flights operated by United or United Express® within a 90-day Offer Period.*The number of PQM or PQS you must earn depends on the Premier status level you are matched to in MileagePlus.
|MileagePlus Premier status||PQM or PQS requirements|
|Premier Silver||Fly 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express|
|Premier Gold||Fly 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express|
|Premier Platinum||Fly 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express|
Premier status levels
PQM or PQS requirements
PQM or PQS requirements
PQM or PQS requirements
Earned 2019 Premier status: Customers who earn Premier status through this promotion will have their accounts updated in the system within five to seven business days of completion and posting of the outlined PQM or PQS requirement for the status level matched to in MileagePlus. Premier membership materials will arrive within four to six weeks thereafter. Earned 2019 Premier status is valid through January 2020. The MileagePlus status is valid through January 2021 for customers who earn Premier status through this promotion on or after July 1, 2019.
*For customers who meet the PQM or PQS requirement of this promotion on or after July 1, 2019, status is valid through January 2021, unless a higher Premier level is earned. Go to mileageplus.com/premier for more information on the MileagePlus Premier program
Terms and conditions
- Offer is not valid for members who have participated in the MileagePlus® status match program within the last 5 years.
- Valid for requests initiated between January 1, 2019, and September 30, 2019, with 90-day Offer Periods ended no later than December 31, 2019.
- Premier membership materials will be not issued for the 90-day Offer Period. You may enjoy Premier benefits on United®- or United® Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 90-day Offer Period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partners, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
- Through this offer, you will not be able to qualify for a higher Premier status level than the one you are matched to in MileagePlus, even if you will fly more than qualifying travel requirements during the Offer Period. However, you will be able to qualify to a higher status level if you reach one of the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
- If you are unable to complete the PQM or PQS requirement within the 90-day Offer Period, your matched MileagePlus Premier status will expire, and you may be returned to a lower earned Premier level, or general member status, at United's sole discretion.
- Qualifying PQM or PQS must be posted to your MileagePlus account.
- Offer valid for qualifying paid travel completed within 90 days from time of account upgrade (the "Offer Period").
- Participation does not guarantee Premier status. Matched status will expire after 90 days, unless the matched level or a higher level of Premier status is earned or awarded prior to that date.
- Valid on flights operated by United and United Express. Not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. Flights must be posted to the MileagePlus account in order to qualify. MileagePlus award travel does not qualify for this offer. Basic Economy tickets do not qualify for this offer. Class-of-service bonus Premier qualifying miles (PQM) and Premier qualifying segments (PQS) will count toward this offer; however, other bonus PQM/PQS, promotional PQM/PQS, and/or credit card PQM do not count toward this offer. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
- Customers who earn Premier status through this promotion will have their accounts updated in the system within five to seven business days of completion and posting of the outlined PQM or PQS requirement for the status level matched to in MileagePlus.
- Earned 2019 Premier status is valid through January 2020. The MileagePlus status is valid through January 2021 for customers who earn Premier status through this promotion on or after July 1, 2019.
- Upon meeting the PQM or PQS requirements to retain Premier Platinum status through this offer, members will be awarded 1 Regional Premier Upgrade, which will be credited to their account within 7-10 business days. Regional Premier Upgrades and Global Premier Upgrades will not otherwise be awarded based on matched status or status reached through the MileagePlus Premier Status Match challenge.
- The sale, barter or other transfer or attempted sale, barter or other transfer of any mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status, other than as authorized and/or sponsored by United, is expressly prohibited. Any mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status sold, bartered or otherwise transferred is in violation of the Rules and any accounts or Members involved in such sales, barters or other transfers may be subject to United's remedies as described in the MileagePlus program rules. The acquisition, use, transfer or attempted acquisition, use or transfer of mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other transfer in violation of the Rules may result in United's exercise of United's remedies as described in the MileagePlus program rules.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus. (TB8230)