United® Premium Plus: United® Premium Plus fare classes earn 150% PQM and 1.5 PQS. Learn more about United® Premium Plus.
Members earn Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) for the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges on eligible flights operated by United and United Express. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, do not earn PQD. Members may earn PQD for Economy Plus® purchases.
The price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn PQD or miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.
Visit the Premier Status Qualification page for more information on the requirements for Premier status.
Exclusions on earning miles and Premier qualifying credits
MileagePlus miles and Premier qualifying credits may not be earned on certain United and MileagePlus partner airline tickets. These include, but are not limited to:
- United tickets purchased and used in violation of United's Contract of Carriage, fare tariffs and the MileagePlus Program Rules
- All free travel and all MileagePlus
- Charter flights
- Industry free or industry reduced-rate tickets
- Promotional certificates
- Unpublished or opaque fares, including but not limited to those booked through priceline.com and Hotwire
- Tickets, products or services purchased and used in violation of the terms and conditions applicable to United's MileagePlus partners