MileagePlus X Terms and Conditions
Gift Card Notice
In each United MileagePlus® X eGift Cards purchase transaction, you are purchasing a merchant-specific electronic stored value card, certificate, voucher or similar product that will be displayed as an electronic code, symbol, set of letters, set of numbers or any combination thereof on your smartphone, other MileagePlus X-compatible device or otherwise ("Gift Card") intended for redemption with such merchant (the "Merchant") for your desired products or services. Returns, credits and exchanges of the products or services that are purchased using such a Gift Card will be governed by the applicable Merchant's policies, terms and conditions for purchases made with Gift Cards, which may be subject to change in the Merchant's sole discretion, if permitted by law; accordingly, you may be entitled only to store credit with any return or exchange. For details, review the applicable Gift Card terms available in the Gift Card purchase path, and contact the applicable Merchant for additional information. Purchases of Gift Cards are non-refundable.
United MileagePlus X and eGift Cards Terms and Conditions
By accessing the United MileagePlus® X application ("MileagePlus X"), the United MileagePlus X eGift Cards portion of the United MileagePlus X application ("MileagePlus X eGift Cards") or the MileagePlus eGift Cards website ("eGift Cards Website"), by making transactions through MileagePlus X, MileagePlus X eGift Cards or the eGift Cards Website, by accepting or using any Gift Card (as defined below) purchased through MileagePlus X eGift Cards or the eGift Cards Website or specifically by clicking a checkbox for "I agree" or similar statements, in each case, you expressly indicate to United Airlines, Inc., MileagePlus Holdings, LLC and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and agents (together, "United", "we", "us" or "our") your acknowledgment and acceptance of these United MileagePlus X and eGift Cards Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and the MileagePlus Program Rules, which are expressly incorporated herein. United, in its sole discretion, may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time or make changes to MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website at any time, with or without notice, and your subsequent accessing of MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website, making transactions through MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website, accepting or using any Gift Card (as defined below) purchased through MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website or clicking a checkbox for "I agree" or similar statements, in each case, will serve as your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes. These Terms and Conditions control your use of and participation with MileagePlus X and the eGift Cards Website and no covenants at law or in equity shall be implied or incorporated. United has the sole right to interpret and apply all terms and conditions as it sees fit.
- All transactions made via MileagePlus X that are with programs other than the MileagePlus X eGift Cards are also subject to separate terms and conditions published by the content provider for the applicable program. For example, and without limitation, the MileagePlus Dining portion of MileagePlus X is subject to terms and conditions published by Rewards Network, the MileagePlus Shopping portion of MileagePlus X is subject to terms and conditions published by Cartera Commerce.
- Eligibility. MileagePlus X eGift Cards is available only to MileagePlus members physically located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. The eGift Cards Website is available only to MileagePlus members who are residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Eligibility for programs other than MileagePlus X eGift Cards and the eGift Cards Website is established by the content provider for the applicable program. You may have only one MileagePlus account at a time. Any offer for any products or services made in or through MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website is void where prohibited.
- Registered Cards. To make a cash purchase using MileagePlus X eGift Cards or the eGift Cards website, you must have a valid Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover® payment card stored in your MileagePlus account (a "Registered Card"). You are responsible for registering a new payment card if any Registered Card is no longer valid. Use of any payment card is subject to all applicable rules and customs of any clearinghouse or other association involved in your transactions. A payment card may only be registered to one MileagePlus account at a time. The name on the payment card must match the name on the MileagePlus account. United reserves the right to delete payment cards registered to more than one account or that do not reflect the name on the applicable account.
- Gift Cards
- In each MileagePlus X eGift Card and eGift Cards Website purchase transaction, you are purchasing a merchant-specific electronic stored value card, certificate, voucher or similar product that will be displayed as an electronic code, symbol, set of letters, set of numbers or any combination thereof ("Gift Card").
- Purchases of Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- Any returns, credits or exchanges of the products or services that are purchased using any Gift Card obtained via MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website will be governed by the policies, terms and conditions for purchases made with Gift Cards established by the merchant that is displayed on the gift card ("Merchant"). Such Merchant's policies, terms and conditions may be subject to change in the Merchant's sole discretion, if permitted by law. You may be entitled only to store credit with any return or exchange. For details, review the applicable Gift Card terms available in the United MileagePlus X or eGift Cards Website purchase path, and contact the applicable Merchant for additional information.
- Except as specifically permitted by the Merchant's policies, terms and conditions, Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash or for other Merchants' Gift Cards, are not valid for prior purchases and may not be returned, refunded, credited or exchanged.
- Value may not be combined among or transferred between separate Gift Cards.
- You are responsible for keeping track of your available Gift Card balance, if any.
- If we fail to deliver a Gift Card you have purchased, we deliver a Gift Card with an electronic code that does not function properly, or you have a question about miles awarded or redeemed in connection with any applicable transaction, please contact us using the contact method listed within the MileagePlus X application or on the eGift Cards Website.
- Disputes or claims regarding any failure of any Gift Card to be purchased or delivered, or any other failure to complete your transaction related to the use of MileagePlus X eGift Cards or the eGift Cards Website, will be subject to these Terms and Conditions, and neither the Merchant, nor the issuer of any payment card (or other payment product) used to purchase the Gift Card (the "Issuer"), nor any non-merchant distributor of the Gift Card ("Distributor"), shall have any responsibility with respect to such disputes or claims.
- If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for products or services obtained with a Gift Card, you agree to accept credits to a Gift Card or a replacement Gift Card for such refunds or such other handling as provided in the applicable Merchant's policies, terms and conditions. If you have a problem with a purchase that you made with your Gift Card, or if you have a dispute with the Merchant, you must handle it directly with the Merchant. Any disputes or claims relating to Gift Cards that are purchased or delivered using MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website, including without limitation any disputes or claims relating to products or services purchased with any Gift Card, must be handled in accordance with the applicable Merchant's policies, terms and conditions, and none of United, the Issuer and any Distributor shall have any responsibility with respect to such disputes or claims.
- Gift Cards may not be re-sold. Gift cards may not be otherwise transferred to third parties, except via the sharing or gift functions available in MileagePlus X or the eGift Cards Website, as applicable.
- By sharing a Gift Card, the sender is permitting the recipient of the shared Gift Card to use any available Gift Card balance on that particular card. The sender of a shared Gift Card retains access to the shared Gift Card and the ability to use any available Gift Card balance on the shared Gift Card. No MileagePlus award miles will be awarded to the recipient of any shared Gift Card in connection with the receipt or use of such Gift Card by the recipient.
- If a Gift Card is sent as a gift, the sender is permitting the recipient of the Gift Card to use the entire Gift Card balance on that particular card. The sender will not retain any ability to access or use the Gift Card. No MileagePlus award miles will be awarded to the recipient of any Gift Card sent as a gift in connection with the receipt or use of such Gift Card by the recipient.
- Gift Cards purchased may be subject to a delay before delivery. Whether or not a transaction is subject to a delivery delay and the length of any such delay shall be determined by United in its sole discretion. United may cancel any transaction in its sole discretion for fraud, suspected fraud or other reasons determined by United in its sole discretion.
- Gift Card Purchases Using Miles
- In its sole discretion, United may offer the ability to purchase Gift Cards through MileagePlus X eGift Cards or the eGift Cards Website using MileagePlus miles or a combination of miles and money.
- Not all members will be eligible to make purchases using either miles or a combination of miles and money. The money portion of any miles and money payment must be made using a Registered Card.
- Each member must have sufficient miles in his or her MileagePlus account to complete the transaction. Your miles will be deducted at the time of purchase. In the event that miles have not been properly debited from your account at the time of redemption, miles can be debited by United at any time.
- The amount of miles or miles and money necessary for a transaction will be set by United in its sole discretion, are subject to change and may vary by member.
- Miles redemptions may only be made from a single account per transaction. You may not combine miles from two or more accounts on a single transaction.
- No MileagePlus award miles will be awarded in connection with transactions made using MileagePlus miles or a combination of miles and money as the form of payment.
- Gift Cards purchased through MileagePlus X eGift Cards and the eGift Cards Website may be used only at participating Merchant locations in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Merchants and locations of Merchants are subject to change.
- If the purchase price of any products or services purchased from a Merchant exceeds the dollar amount of a Gift Card being used for such purchase, you will be asked to pay for additional charges associated with the purchase.
- Access. In its sole discretion, at any time, and for any or no reason, United may prevent or restrict access to MileagePlus X, MileagePlus X eGift Cards, the eGift Cards Website, or any combination or part of any of the foregoing, for all or certain MileagePlus members, with or without notice. Access may vary by member. Any actual or suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity is grounds for termination of your use of MileagePlus X, MileagePlus X eGift Cards, the eGift Cards Website or any Gift Card in United's sole discretion and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies United may have pursuant to the MileagePlus Program Rules or at law or in equity.
- Transaction Limits. The minimum and maximum amounts that may be spent by a member via MileagePlus X and the eGift Cards Website during a certain time period (e.g., per day), per Merchant, per transaction and other limits and restrictions will be set by United in its sole discretion and are subject to change. Limits or other restrictions may vary by member.
- Unauthorized or Fraudulent Transactions.
- If you notice unauthorized or fraudulent MileagePlus X or eGift Cards Website transactions on the account of any Registered Card, promptly contact your credit card issuer to report it. It is important to continually monitor your credit card accounts to identify any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions. You may have a limited time to notify your credit card issuer. Refer to the terms available from your credit card issuer regarding unauthorized or fraudulent transactions for additional information.
- Because any stored Gift Card numbers or other electronic Gift Card codes, including any unused credits stored in your MileagePlus X eGift Cards or eGift Cards Website account, are Gift Cards that can be used like cash for purchases from the applicable Merchant and because MileagePlus miles can be used to purchase Gift Cards (where available), you are responsible for all transactions made with your unused credits and your MileagePlus miles, including unauthorized or fraudulent transactions. If you notice unauthorized or fraudulent use of any unused credits or miles, contact MileagePlus as soon as possible using the contact method listed within the MileagePlus X application, on the eGift Cards Website or found on united.com.
- Award miles. United will award the purchaser of a Gift Card MileagePlus award miles in connection with transactions made in acceptance of and in accordance with a miles offer made pursuant to the MileagePlus X program or the eGift Cards Website. Fractions of miles will not be awarded. The number of miles awarded will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Primary cardmembers of a United MileagePlus® Credit Card from Chase will receive bonus miles in connection with each MileagePlus X eGift Cards transaction equal to twenty-five percent (25%) multiplied by the miles otherwise awarded by MileagePlus in connection with transactions made through MileagePlus X eGift Cards. Fractions of miles will not be awarded in connection with the cardmember bonus, and the number of miles awarded will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. The cardmember bonus does not apply to authorized users of the account. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of, or the failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Miles will post directly to your United MileagePlus account and will not appear on your Chase statement. Offers of award miles and cardmember bonus miles may vary by member and are subject to change.
- Mobile device charges. In return for United allowing you to access MileagePlus X, and as applicable, the eGift Cards Website, through your mobile device, by your use thereof, you agree to be responsible for any fees that your device service provider may charge, such as fees for SMS, data services and any other fees that your device service provider may charge.
- Submissions. All comments, reviews, messages, ideas, suggestions or any and all other communications and materials (collectively "Comments") sent to us shall be and remain the exclusive property of United. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. We may use, reproduce, disclose, publish and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. We may, but are not obligated to, restrict or remove any and all content from any Comment. You have no expectation of privacy with regard to any Comment you submit.
- Intellectual property. You may not use any United name or trademark, or the names or trademarks of any Merchant, Issuer or Distributor or content provider. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless any such parties from any and all claims, damages, judgments and expenses resulting from such unauthorized use.
- DISCLAIMERS. MILEAGEPLUS X AND THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE ARE EACH PROVIDED BY US ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNITED DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO MILEAGEPLUS X, THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE AND EACH OF THEIR CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE), WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. UNITED DOES NOT WARRANT THAT MILEAGEPLUS X, THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH OR VIA MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE ARE ERROR FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. UNITED DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNITED, THE ISSUER AND DISTRIBUTOR EACH DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR ANY GIFT CARDS, AND FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED WITH GIFT CARDS OR OFFERED THROUGH OR VIA MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. THIS DISCLAIMER DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY WARRANTY OFFERED BY ANY MERCHANT.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY.
- NONE OF UNITED, THE ISSUER AND THE DISTRIBUTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY OTHER MILEAGEPLUS X OR EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE PARTICIPATING COMPANIES OR PARTNERS.
- IN MOST CASES, A MERCHANT WHOSE GIFT CARD OR PRODUCT OR SERVICE YOU ARE PURCHASING OR USING IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH UNITED, THE ISSUER OR THE DISTRIBUTOR; NO GIFT CARD IS VALID FOR ANY UNITED, ISSUER OR DISTRIBUTOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE; AND NONE OF UNITED, THE ISSUER AND THE DISTRIBUTOR SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY GIFT CARD OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED WITH ANY GIFT CARD OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE, OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE MILEAGEPLUS X AND EGIFT CARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR AS PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- NONE OF UNITED, THE ISSUER AND THE DISTRIBUTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, THEFT, LOSS OR IMPAIRMENT OF USE OR VALUE OF YOUR MILEAGEPLUS X OR EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE-COMPATIBLE DEVICE OR ANY GIFT CARD THAT OCCURS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE ANY GIFT CARD.
- IN NO EVENT WILL UNITED’S, THE ISSUER’S OR THE DISTRIBUTOR’S LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ANY GIFT CARD OR OTHER PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OR VIA MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE.
- NONE OF UNITED, THE ISSUER AND THE DISTRIBUTOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO MILEAGEPLUS X, THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY SITE ACCESSED THROUGH MILEAGEPLUS X OR THE EGIFT CARDS WEBSITE.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless United, the Issuer, the Distributor and each of our and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, and our and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use of MileagePlus X, the eGift Cards Website or acceptance or use of any Gift Card, except to the extent of any failure to perform any express obligations to you hereunder.
- Miscellaneous. United may change the MileagePlus Program (including without limitation the Premier® program, the "MileagePlus Program"), including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United is not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
Information we collect directly from you
MileagePlus X allows you to make transactions with participating companies and earn miles for those transactions. When you use MileagePlus X, we may collect information, including but not limited to your MileagePlus account information and payment information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date, and billing name and address). Information you choose to store for future use (e.g., credit card information) or information about your use of MileagePlus X (e.g., transaction activity) may be stored in the app or in applicable operational systems.
Information we collect automatically
We and our third party service providers use tracking mechanisms designed specifically for mobile apps to track information about your use of MileagePlus X. We use these tools to help us improve our services, performance and user experiences. We may combine this information with other personal information we collect from you (and our third party service providers may do so on our behalf). The information we automatically collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Device ID or alternative ID where required by the platform provider
- Length of time spent in MileagePlus X, features you use, where you click within the app
- Installs and uninstalls
- Electronic data concerning operating systems and computing devices/browsers, including the types used
- Transaction details and history
- Geolocation information, if you have allowed MileagePlus X to collect and use such information; we will continuously track your pinpointed physical location using technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi or cell tower proximity
Information we collect from third parties
We may collect or receive information from third parties, including service providers and merchants, about your use of MileagePlus X, including, without limitation, information about your purchases so that we can credit your account, facilitate your transaction, and for other purposes as described in this policy. We also may collect demographic information from third parties.
We may combine information we collect about you from other sources (e.g., automatically, from third parties) with information that we either collect directly from you or that we maintain about you.
Synching with our Website
When you use MileagePlus X, the app will pull certain information (e.g., credit card information) from your MileagePlus online account profile for use with MileagePlus X. Certain credit cards saved as a form of payment in your MileagePlus account profile will be available for use with MileagePlus X. If a credit card is deleted from your MileagePlus account profile, it will not be available for use with MileagePlus X. When available, adding or deleting a credit card through MileagePlus X will also add or delete such credit card from your MileagePlus account profile. In addition, certain information about purchases that you make through MileagePlus X will be available for viewing online.
Use of your MileagePlus X information
We may use your information for purposes including but not limited to:
- Facilitating your transactions, crediting your account with miles earned and providing other app-related services
- Responding to your requests, including customer service inquiries
- Identifying nearby participating merchants if you have allowed MileagePlus X to collect and use your geolocation
- Providing you with offers, services or other information from United or third parties if you have allowed MileagePlus X to send you push notifications
- Gathering research information and analytics to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, offer customized location information, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our app or services
- Sending emails and postal mail related to your use of MileagePlus X and our services and/or marketing and advertising offers that may be of interest to you
- Protecting ourselves and other users of MileagePlus X and our services
- As permitted by law
You may change your geolocation tracking preferences at any time through your mobile device settings
- Push notifications.
You may change your push notification preferences at any time through your mobile device settings
- Email marketing.
You may identify your preference to receive email marketing communications from United by updating the email subscription in your MileagePlus profile. Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you emails or other communications for administrative purposes
Currently, our systems do not recognize mobile browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, opt-out of analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out
Sharing your information
When you use MileagePlus X, we may share information as necessary to facilitate your transaction. We also may share your information with other third parties as follows:
- MileagePlus partners or other third parties who may use your information for the purposes of presenting offers that may be of interest to you, including via email
- Service providers
- Law enforcement
- In connection with the sale, purchase, merger or reorganization of United
- When we believe it is appropriate to do so to protect the rights, property, and safety of United Airlines or our users or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process
Access to personal information/updating your account information
You may update information relevant to your use of MileagePlus X (e.g., credit card information, preferences) through the app. To update your MileagePlus account information, please sign in to your account at united.com.
Links to third party sites
Certain portions of MileagePlus X may allow you to link to third party sites. The privacy policies of those sites, not this policy, govern the use of any information you share with these third parties.
We take reasonable security measures to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your MileagePlus X information. However, we do not have control over the security of your mobile device and assume no responsibility for losses related to failure to adequately secure your mobile device or information you have stored on the device.
This Policy may be updated periodically and changes to this Policy will be posted on our app. Your continued use of this app constitutes your consent to those changes.
United Visa Rewards
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND THE PRIVACY NOTICES CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE UNITED VISA REWARDS PROGRAM ("UNITED VISA REWARDS" OR THE "PROGRAM"). BY PARTICIPATING IN UNITED VISA REWARDS YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS IN THEIR ENTIRETY AND AGREE THAT UNITED AND VISA CAN EXCHANGE YOUR CREDIT CARD AND PURCHASE DETAILS TO FACILITATE THE PROGRAM. YOU ALSO AGREE TO THE VISA PRIVACY NOTICE AND MILEAGEPLUS X PRIVACY NOTICE.
United Visa Rewards is made available by United Airlines, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "United" or "United Airlines"). These General Terms do not alter or modify the privacy policies of United that apply to information collected independently of United Visa Rewards and the MileagePlus X app. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to use and provide all the enrolled cards that you provide, and that information you provide is true and accurate.
United Visa Rewards provides you with offers from participating merchants that, once activated by you in the MileagePlus X app (the "MPX App"), allow you to earn MileagePlus miles after a Qualifying Purchase (as defined below) is detected by Visa at a merchant.
If you have agreed to allow MileagePlus X to send you push notifications, you will receive information about offers through MileagePlus X, including confirmation of your acceptance and redemption of the offer and other information including the reward amount relevant to the offer.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLLMENT
- To be eligible to enroll in United Visa Rewards, you must have a valid MileagePlus account to use the MileagePlus X app, and have an eligible United Chase Visa Card. Only United Chase Visa credit cards that have a billing address in the United States and are open and not in default may be enrolled in United Visa Rewards. United reserves the right to determine whether a particular card or cardmember is eligible to participate in the Program.
- When you enroll in United Visa Rewards, your eligible United Chase Visa Card(s) will automatically be registered in the Program or, if your card(s) cannot be retrieved based on your MileagePlus number, you will be asked to manually add your United Chase Visa Card number to your MileagePlus X account profile prior to enrolling in the Program. Once enrolled, you can add or remove your eligible United Chase Visa Card(s) from United Visa Rewards at any time by tapping the "Enrolled cards" tab under the United Visa Rewards section titled "Use your United Chase Visa Card" within the MPX App. After initially enrolling in the Program, an eligible United Chase Visa Card added to or deleted from your MileagePlus account in the MPX App will not be enrolled or removed from the United Visa Rewards program unless you also add or remove such card through the "Enrolled cards" tab in the United Visa Rewards section. Once you remove an enrolled card, purchases made on that card will not be considered Qualifying Purchases and you will not be able to redeem offers with that card. At least one eligible United Chase Visa Card must be enrolled in United Visa Rewards for you to participate in the Program.
- When you enroll in United Visa Rewards, you will need to accept these General Terms. These General Terms do not alter or modify any terms and conditions or program rules of United.
- There is a limit of 1 redemption per offer regardless of the number of enrolled United Chase Visa Cards.
- An eligible United Chase Visa credit card account number may be enrolled in the United Visa Rewards accounts of more than one authorized user of that card, but an individual offer may be activated only once per card across all authorized users’ United Visa Rewards accounts. Miles for a Qualifying Purchase using an enrolled United Chase Visa Card will be awarded to the MileagePlus account of the user that activated the offer in his/her United Visa Rewards account.
- Not all transactions with an enrolled card can be monitored.
- Visa Buxx, Visa Gift Cards, Visa Healthcare Cards, Visa Incentive Cards and Visa TravelMoney are not eligible. Not all merchant locations may be monitored by Visa.
- Visa may be unable to monitor every transaction made with your enrolled cards, including payments made through other payment methods (such as payments via a Square reader or Square register or a third-party digital wallet or payment app other than Apple Pay) and cross-border transactions, and these transactions are not eligible.
ACTIVATING OFFERS; QUALIFYING PURCHASES; AND UNITED MILEAGEPLUS AWARD MILES
- Once enrolled in United Visa Rewards, you will be able to view and activate available offers within the MPX App by tapping the United Visa Rewards tab. In order to redeem an offer, you must first activate it by viewing it within the MPX App. Each offer is subject to the offer specific terms published with the offer in the MPX App, as well as these General Terms. These offer specific terms may include limitations or restrictions – for example, limits on the length of time you have to take advantage of the offer, limits on the maximum reward that can be earned, the number of times an offer may be redeemed, minimum spend requirements, and/or restrictions on which store locations are eligible. Offers may be subject to availability. Offers are also subject to any applicable law or regulation that may restrict or prohibit certain sales including without limitation the sale of goods and services in certain restricted categories. Once you’ve activated an offer, you can use your enrolled United Chase Visa Card(s) to make a Qualifying Purchase that meets the terms of that offer.
- A "Qualifying Purchase" is defined as any signature-based purchase, Internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase, contactless purchase (a purchase made by holding your Visa card or other device up to a secure reader instead of swiping your card), or small dollar purchase for which you are not required to sign, made with your enrolled United Chase Visa Card, which is processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. ("Visa") payment system, and which meets the criteria stated in connection with the applicable activated offer. Payments made for government-administered pre-paid cards, healthcare, benefits, or insurance prepaid cards; Visa Buxx; reloadable and non-reloadable prepaid cards; gift cards; value loaded, preloaded or reloaded onto a merchant’s rewards card or similar program; payments made for payment instruments that can readily be converted to cash (for example, travelers cheques, money orders, wire transfers, and similar products or services); or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. payment system are not considered Qualifying Purchases. Visa and its affiliates may monitor transactions that occur on your enrolled United Chase Visa Card to identify Qualifying Purchases that meet the terms of an offer.
- Award miles are awarded by United based on Qualifying Purchase information sent by Visa to United. Visa reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion whether any given transaction is a Qualifying Purchase. Although Visa assists United by providing Qualifying Purchase information to facilitate offer redemption and awarding of miles, Visa has no obligation to provide to you and has no liability to you for providing award miles.
- MileagePlus award miles are subject to the MileagePlus Program Rules. Earning award miles for each Qualifying Purchase is subject to satisfying the terms of the individual Merchant’s Offer.
- Award miles can be redeemed in accordance with the MileagePlus Program Rules.
- There is a limit of 1 redemption per offer regardless of the number of linked United Chase Visa Cards.
- Some offers have restrictions on which locations for that business are eligible. Taxes, tips, fees, and donations may be excluded when calculating the number of award miles earned.
- Qualifying Purchases are determined by Visa in its sole discretion. Purchases or transactions that are, or are suspected to be, fraudulent are not eligible. United has the right not to award or to reverse award miles in the event that United or Visa suspects fraud or other improper activity. In addition, award miles may be subject to reversal, in United’s sole discretion, for any returns, credits, adjustments, or chargebacks that occur after a Qualifying Purchase.
- Compliance with any applicable tax requirements is your responsibility.
- Award miles will not be awarded if your card number has expired, or your card account is not open or in good standing at the time the award miles would otherwise be applied.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program, (the "MileagePlus Program") which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com
- Either Visa or United Airlines in each of their sole discretion, may suspend, terminate, or change United Visa Rewards any time with or without notice to you. You agree that neither Visa nor United Airlines shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of United Visa Rewards.
- If you do not agree with any of these General Terms, you must not participate in the Program. Visa and United reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these General Terms at any time. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, your continued participation in United Visa Rewards after any such change constitutes your acceptance of these General Terms as modified. If you avail yourself of offers available through United Visa Rewards, additional terms and conditions, rules, policies and disclaimers may apply.
- The terms of your purchase of any product or service from a merchant are governed by your relationship with that merchant; neither Visa nor United is responsible for the Offers, goods, services displayed, purchased or paid for in connection with an offer; or merchants whose offers, products, or services are promoted in connection with an offer. You further acknowledge that through the Program you may be permitted to link to or access direct connections to third party websites, content and resources, including, without limitation, social media and websites of participating merchants. You acknowledge that United and Visa have no control over any such third party websites, content, or resources, which are made available by third party companies. You further acknowledge and agree that neither United nor Visa is responsible for the availability of any such third-party websites, content or resources; that United and Visa are not liable to you for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of these third-party websites, content or resources, including, without limitation, losses or damages suffered in connection with purchases made using United Visa Rewards.
- Neither Visa nor United will have any liability associated with or arising from your participation in an offer, including your failure to redeem a reward.
- The merchant location, including the street address and other information related to an offer, may include content that has been supplied by a third party. Visa and United will have no liability associated with or arising from inaccurate or incomplete information provided by a third-party provider.
- You acknowledge that merchants may not be affiliated with Visa and its affiliates in any way and may not be sponsors or co-sponsors of an offer.
- If any provision of these General Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these General Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- THE PROGRAM, IN WHOLE AND IN PART, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ACCESS TO UNITED VISA REWARDS WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ASSUME SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF UNITED VISA REWARDS, AND THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE THEREOF.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL VISA OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS, VENDORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "VISA PARTIES") OR UNITED OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS, VENDORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "UNITED PARTIES" AND WITH THE VISA PARTIES, THE "PROGRAM PARTIES") OR ANY MERCHANT OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS, VENDORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "MERCHANT PARTIES"), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES INCURRED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH UNITED VISA REWARDS AND/OR THESE TERMS, EVEN IF A PROGRAM PARTY OR MERCHANT PARTY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PROGRAM PARTIES AND MERCHANT PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR: (A) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE UNITED VISA REWARDS; (B) ANY OFFERS OR OTHER MESSAGES OR THE CONTENT OF ANY OFFERS OR OTHER MESSAGES PROVIDED TO YOU; (C) ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED, RECEIVED, SOLD OR PAID FOR IN CONNECTION WITH UNITED VISA REWARDS; (D) DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND A MERCHANT; (E) ANY INACCURACY, INCOMPLETENESS OR MISINFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH UNITED VISA REWARDS; (F) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OR LOSS OF, YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED, STORED OR SENT IN CONNECTION WITH UNITED VISA REWARDS; (G) ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGES, FILE CORRUPTION OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS; OR (H) OTHER USE BY YOU OF UNITED VISA REWARDS.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE PROGRAM PARTIES' CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) YOUR ACTUAL LOSS OR (B) $100. NEITHER VISA NOR UNITED IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN OR INVOLVING JOINT CARDHOLDERS OR AUTHORIZED USERS RELATING TO UNITED VISA REWARDS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER, EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE PROGRAM PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDES THE PROGRAM PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, (B) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, OR (C) ANY MATTER WHICH IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR THE PROGRAM PARTIES TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OR ATTEMPT TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY.