Earn award miles with our cruise partner, United Cruises, exclusive car rental partner Hertz®, including Hertz-owned brands DollarTM and Thrifty®, and other ground transportation providers. Don't forget to provide your MileagePlus number when making your reservation.
Only one person per rental is eligible to earn award miles. Miles earned on car rentals should credit to your account within six to eight weeks.
All requests for missing mileage credit need to be made within one year of activity. To request credit for car partner activity, send a copy of your car rental agreement directly to the appropriate partner. See our Requesting Credit to Your MileagePlus Account page for partner contact information.
Exclusive car rental partners
MileagePlus members can earn up to 1,250 award miles per qualifying rental. Plus, customers can get special savings with the MileagePlus discount code CDP 62455.
- MileagePlus general members earn 500 miles on every Hertz rental.
- MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers earn 750 miles on every Hertz rental.
- Premier® Silver and Premier Gold members earn 1,000 miles on every Hertz rental.
- Premier Platinum and Premier 1K® members earn 1,250 miles on every Hertz rental.
Base rate includes time and mileage charges only. Taxes, fees and options excluded.
Preferred ground transportation partner
Reserve a ride with GroundLink, a stress-free car service. You’ll enjoy great rates from the airport to your destination, as well as 200 award miles per ride.
More ground transportation partners
50 award miles per direction to and from airport (online bookings only).
150 award miles per direction to and from airport.
50 award miles (within New York) or 100 award miles (outside of New York) and up to two miles per dollar spent on each trip booked and completed (online bookings only).
Look to Bandwagon for your ridesharing needs from Newark International Airport to your destination. You’ll enjoy up to 60 percent savings off traditional ground transportation costs and help reduce environmental impact.
Amtrak, America's National Railroad Passenger Corporation, travels to more than 500 destinations across the U.S. The company operates long-distance, transcontinental trains from coast to coast and border to border, as well as frequent service between business destinations along the Northeast Corridor. In 2000, Amtrak introduced Acela Express, a premium high-speed rail service linking Boston, New York and Washington, D.C., and cities in between.
United and Amtrak have teamed up to provide the ultimate experience in seamless travel and to offer you the opportunity to earn more award miles.
- Earn award miles on qualifying Coach or Business class fares per segment on Amtrak when you fly United and make a connection at Newark Liberty International Airport to or from any of the following Amtrak destinations: New Haven Rail Station, CT; Stamford Rail Station, CT; Philadelphia 30th Street Station, PA; Wilmington Rail Station, DE. See the chart below for eligible United fare classes and award mileage accrual information.
- Earn 500 award miles per Business class segment or 750 award miles per First class segment on Acela Express trains (no connecting flight required) between New York's Penn Station and the following train stations: Boston's South Station, MA; Boston's Back Bay Station, MA; Boston's Route 128 Station, MA; Washington D.C. For reservations for the Acela Express markets listed above, call Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) and be sure to provide your MileagePlus number to receive award mileage credit.
You may purchase your ticket by calling Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). When buying a ticket that's eligible for earning award miles, be sure to provide your MileagePlus number to ensure that your purchases will be properly credited to your account.
Mileage accrual chart for Amtrak-operated segments
|United class of service||Purchased United fare class||Award miles|
|Business||J, C, D, Z, P||325|
|Full-fare Economy||Y, B||250|
|Economy||M, H, E, Q, U, V||250|
|Discount Economy||W, S, T, N, L, G, K||250|
All other fare classes do not accrue mileage. United Airlines and Amtrak reserve the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice.
The accrual of miles and Premier® qualifying credits, redemption of and provision of benefits through the United MileagePlus program, including the Premier Program, are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the MileagePlus program.
If members have a car rental reservation made with another car rental company before November 1, 2014, they will receive miles upon completion of the rental.