MileagePlus members can earn award miles and Premier qualifying credits on eligible Eurowings flights. To receive mileage credit, present your MileagePlus number when you make reservations and make sure that it appears on your boarding pass at check-in. Also, MileagePlus members receive the following benefits on Eurowings-operated flights:
- Premier Gold, Platinum and 1K®: members are eligible for priority check-in and boarding where available
- Premier Gold, Platinum and 1K®: members are eligible for access to Lufthansa lounges where available
Earning miles on Eurowings flights
If your ticket was purchased directly from united.com, by calling the United Customer Contact Center (including a United specialty desk, such as United Groups, United Meetings or the Premier Priority Desk), from a United representative at the airport, or through a United ticket office, you'll earn miles based on the fare1,2 and your MileagePlus status. Please reference the "Ticket number starts with 016" section below.3
If you don't know how your ticket was purchased, in most cases your ticket number can be found on your confirmation email or receipt.
Mileage accrual table for eligible Eurowings fare classes Class of service Purchased fare class6 Award mile earnings
(including fare class bonus)
BIZ Fares D, J 200% BEST Fares E, N 150% SMART Flex Fares I 150% BASIC/SMART Fares C, H, Q, Y, B, M, W, S 100% Discount BASIC/SMART Fares G, K, L, T, X 75% Deep discount BASIC/SMART Fares V, F, O, R 50% No mileage credit A, P, U, Z 0%
See our award chart to find out how many miles you'll need to fly one way or roundtrip, depending on class of service and region of travel, on any Star Alliance network airline. You can book award travel on Eurowings through united.com. Service charges may apply for booking or changing award reservations, depending on ticketing, travel dates and MileagePlus status. Award tickets cannot be issued at the airport. Call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) to reach the United Customer Contact Center within the U.S. and Canada, or view more contact and language options.
For flights flown on and after January 1, 2020
Learn more about Premier qualification for travel on eligible partner airline flights.
For flights flown through December 31, 2019
Please note: MileagePlus travel on partner airlines on tickets not issued by United (tickets not beginning with “016”) is ineligible for Premier qualifying dollars accrual.
MileagePlus Premier qualification table for Eurowings flights flown on or after January 1, 2019 Class of service Purchased fare class Premier qualifying miles6,9 Premier qualifying segments BIZ Fares D 200% 1.5 Discount BIZ Fares J 150% 1.5 BEST Fares E, N 150% 1.5 SMART Flex Fares I 150% 1 BASIC/SMART Fares C, H, Q, Y, B, M, W, S 100% 1 Discount BASIC/SMART Fares G, K, L, T, X 100% 1 Deep discount BASIC/SMART Fares V, F, O, R 100% 1 No Premier credit A, P, U, Z 0% 0
- The fare is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn PQD or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles. Fare classes A, B, C, D, E, H, J, K, L, M, P, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y and Z are eligible for accrual.
- The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base miles and Premier qualifying credits earned.
- Ticket number starts with "016" and was purchased from United on united.com, through the United Customer Contact Center or at the airport, or from a travel agency or other travel website.
- Ticket number does not start with "016" and was purchased from an airline other than United or from a travel agency or other travel website.
- Flight distance is defined as the miles scheduled for a specific flight, as determined solely by United.
- Flights to and from Cuba are not eligible for MileagePlus award miles and qualifying earn, except on commercial flights operated by United Airlines.
- All other fare classes do not accrue mileage. United and Eurowings reserve the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice. Mileage accrual is subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program and, as provided therein, mileage will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions of the MileagePlus Program in effect at the time of travel, not at the time air travel is purchased, booked or reserved, and accordingly miles maynot be awarded for some tickets or miles may be awarded in an amount fewer than shown.. The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base miles and Premier qualifying credits earned. MileagePlus award miles earned may vary depending on the Premier status of the customer.
- For more information on Premier qualification, please see the Premier Status Qualification Requirements page.
- For Premier members who travel on eligible purchased fare classes on flights with a distance of less than 500 miles, 500 miles will be used as the flight distance for calculating the Premier qualifying miles earned, based on the percentages in the chart.