MileagePlus members can earn award miles on eligible Aer Lingus flights. To receive mileage credit, present your MileagePlus number when you make reservations and make sure that it appears on your boarding pass at check-in.
Earning miles on Aer Lingus flights
Earn MileagePlus miles according to the booking class that you purchase on qualifying Aer Lingus-operated flights:
- Between North America and Ireland
- Between London and Belfast, Cork, Dublin, or Shannon
- Between Dublin and Birmingham or Manchester
If your ticket was purchased directly from united.com, by calling the United Customer Contact Center (including a United specialty desk, such as United Groups, United Meetings or the Premier Priority Desk), from a United representative at the airport, or through a United ticket office, you'll earn miles based on the fare1,2 and your MileagePlus status. Please reference the Ticket number starts with 016 section below.3
If you don't know how your ticket was purchased, in most cases your ticket number can be found on your confirmation email or receipt.
Mileage accrual table for eligible Aer Lingus fare classes Class of service Purchased fare class6 Award mile earnings
(including fare class bonus)
Business between North America and Ireland C, D, J 100% Economy between North America and Ireland Y, B, H, K, M, V, N 75% Discount Economy between North America and Ireland L, X, S 50% Flights between London and Dublin, Belfast, Shannon or Cork
Flights between Dublin and Manchester or Birmingham
C, D, J, Y, B, H, K, M, V, N, L, X, S 250 miles No mileage credit A, E, F, G, I, O, P, Q, R, T, U, W, Z 0%
See our award chart to find out how many miles you'll need to fly one way or roundtrip, depending on class of service and region of travel, on any Star Alliance network airline. You can book award travel on Aer Lingus through united.com. Service charges may apply for booking or changing award reservations, depending on ticketing, travel dates and MileagePlus status. Award tickets cannot be issued at the airport. Call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) to reach the United Customer Contact Center within the U.S. and Canada, or view more contact and language options.
- The fare is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn PQD or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles. Fare classes A, B, C, D, E, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y and Z are eligible for accrual.
- The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base and Premier qualifying miles and Premier qualifying segments earned.
- Ticket number starts with “016” and was purchased from United on united.com, through the United Customer Contact Center or at the airport, or from a travel agency or other travel website.
- Ticket number does not start with "016" and was purchased from an airline other than United or from a travel agency or other travel website.
- Flight distance is defined as the miles scheduled for a specific flight, as determined solely by United.
- All other fare classes do not accrue mileage. United and Aer Lingus reserve the right to change the eligible fare classes at any time without notice. Unless otherwise noted, Premier qualifying miles are based on flight distance, class of service and purchased fare class. Mileage accrual is subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program and, as provided therein, mileage will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions of the MileagePlus Program in effect at the time of travel, not at the time air travel is purchased, booked or reserved, and accordingly miles may not be awarded for some tickets or miles may be awarded in an amount fewer than shown. The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class. This could result in differences between the purchased booking class and the booking class flown, which determines the number of base and Premier qualifying miles and Premier qualifying segments earned. MileagePlus award miles earned may vary depending on the Premier status of the customer.