Use your miles with United and our MileagePlus partners
Explore the possibilities of using your miles. The MileagePlus program makes it easy to use miles for a variety of purchases, including airline tickets, hotel stays, exclusive experiences, gift cards and much more.
Our global airline network can take you to over 1,000 destinations around the world. Use your miles on flights operated by United, United Express® and our airline partners to find your next adventure.
MileagePlus Upgrade Awards let you purchase an upgrade with miles to experience the benefits of premium cabin travel.
Use your award miles for hotel stays at a wide variety of hotels and resorts worldwide.
Use your miles to rent a car with Hertz®, Dollar or Thrifty in the U.S. or around the world.
Use miles or a combination of miles and money to book on more than 25 cruise lines to destinations around the globe.
Shop, bid and more
Shop for brand-name electronics, home goods, fashion and more using your miles.
Use your miles to bid on or buy unique and memorable experiences in travel, food and wine, entertainment, sports and more.
Use your miles to find the perfect gift, a $25, $50 or $100 egift card to top retailers including Amazon.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lowe's®, Starbucks and more.
For complete details about United air travel award rules, see MileagePlus air awards.
For complete details about upgrade awards, see the MileagePlus Upgrade Awards terms and conditions.
Hotel and Car Awards:
Hotel and Car Awards are open to active MileagePlus members in all 50 U.S. states and most countries. See the Rules link on united.com/hotelandcar for a list of eligible countries.
This offer is open to active MileagePlus members in all 50 U.S. states.
United ClubSM membership:
For terms and conditions, please visit the United Club membership page.
For terms and conditions, please visit the Inflight Wi-Fi page.
Only members who have an account address in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or Guam and who are physically located in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or Guam when the redemption occurs are eligible to use miles for a payment code that can be used to pay for the TSA Pre✓® application fee. For terms and conditions, please visit the TSA Pre✓® payment code terms and conditions page.
Shop, bid and more
This offer is open only to to active MileagePlus members residing in the United States, excluding Hawaii and Alaska.
This offer is open to all active MileagePlus members.
Gift cards are available to MileagePlus Premier® members and United MileagePlus Chase Credit Cardmembers who are also members with a MileagePlus account address in the 50 United States or the District Columbia. United reserves the right to revise Member eligibility. Each Member must have sufficient MileagePlus miles in their account to complete the miles portion of their transaction. For complete details about the Gift Card Redemption program, see the Redemption Awards Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to the minimum purchase, miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 100,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 up to a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Price displayed on this page does not include any fees or taxes.
- Minimum purchase of 2,000 miles per transaction.
- Bonus miles will be credited to the recipient's account when the transaction is complete.
- Bonus miles count toward the 150,000-mile annual limit per account.
- You may purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- The credit card used in the purchase will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other applicable fees are subject to change.
- Allow up to 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account
- Miles purchased are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier status.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- If you use Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles, the transaction will appear as 'Points United Miles'.