Domestic flights within the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
Flights between the U.S. and Mexico
Flights between the U.S. and the Caribbean
International flights originating in the U.S.
Tickets: Applies to standard fare and Basic Economy tickets issued between May 1, 2019 and January 31, 2022, and Basic Economy fare tickets issued between May 1, 2019, and January 31, 2022 for travel commencing January 31, 2022 or prior. Changes are not permitted on Basic Economy tickets if travel begins on or after February 1, 2022.
Changes/Cancellations: Customers with Basic Economy fare tickets issued between May 1, 2019, and January 31, 2022 for travel commencing January 31, 2022 or for standard fare tickets issued between May 1, 2019, and January 31, 2022, will be permitted to change without paying a change fee. Changes are not permitted on Basic Economy tickets if travel begins on or after February 1, 2022. If the new flight is priced higher, the customer may change for no change fee but must pay the fare difference. If the new flight is priced lower, the customer may change without paying a change fee, and standard fare tickets may be given residual value in the form of a future flight credit. If you purchased your ticket from a third-party agency, please check with the issuing agency for the rules of your ticket. Contract fares such as special bulk fares sold by travel agencies (e.g., opaque) may not be eligible for free changes. Any changes or cancellations must occur prior to ticketed travel date.
- Applies to tickets booked on our website and app, our individual city ticket offices, airport ticket counters or through the Customer Contact Center.
- The 24-hour timeframe begins at the time you book your ticket.
- Requests for refunds will be credited back in the original form of payment.
- Group tickets are subject to the terms of the group contract.
- Tickets purchased using e-certificates are excluded.
- Reservations that are being held but have not yet been purchased are excluded.
- Any FareLock® fees paid to hold a reservation will not be refunded.
You can change your flight as many times as you want without change fees. But, you will have to pay any fare differences that apply each time you change.
No, all fees were removed for canceling and changing award flights.
If you made a group reservation through the United Reservation Group Desk, your trip is subject to change fees.