You can use small lightweight electronic devices in airplane mode, but flight attendants may ask you to turn them off at different points of your flight.
If you plan to use electronic devices on your flight, you’ll need to follow these safety rules:
Follow these safety rules for traveling with lithium batteries:
- Completely turn off all devices with lithium-ion batteries that are in checked bags.
- Prevent short circuits by protecting battery terminals. This can be done with the manufacturer’s packaging or by covering with tape and placing in a separate bag.
- Store spare batteries in carry-on bags.
- Lithium-ion batteries can’t exceed 100 watt hours. Lithium metal batteries can’t exceed 2g.
- If you’re unsure about the battery, don’t pack it.