An Epic Adventure: Vivid Sydney & Beyond
Vivid Sydney 2019 (24 May – 15 June 2019), is a major celebration of the creative industries and renowned as the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas. Vivid Sydney transforms the Harbour City with its large scale light installations and projections (Vivid Light); music performances and collaborations (Vivid Music including Vivid LIVE at the Sydney Opera House); and creative ideas, discussion and debate (Vivid Ideas), all celebrating Sydney as the creative hub of the Asia-Pacific.
Sydney is Australia’s largest and most famous city, home to the iconic Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach and Sydney Harbour Bridge, surrounded by a sparkling harbour and pristine beaches. This beautiful cosmopolitan city celebrates its cultural diversity and heritage, and passion for arts and sports with a vibrant year round calendar of festivals and events. Sydney is also known for its food and wine, with an abundance of fresh produce, great seafood and multicultural influences.
Beyond Sydney there are many great destinations to explore in regional NSW, from some of the world’s best surfing beaches and national parks,14 wine regions and 6 UNESCO and World Heritage sites including the spectacular Blue Mountains only two hours from the city. A temperate climate makes Sydney spectacular at any time of the year. Walk in beautiful parks and gardens, stroll along beaches, and marvel at Australia’s unique native animals and marine life year round.
Search for more flights to Sydney (SYD)
Fly to Sydney with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Sydney’s top attractions
- Marvel at the iconic Sydney Opera House. Take a tour or enjoy an evening performance.
- Cross the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Experience the laid-back surf vibe at Bondi Beach.
- Observe an array of animals at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or Taronga Zoo.
- Take the kids to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium or Luna Park Sydney.
- Admire the views from the top of Sydney Tower.
- See remains from Sydney’s early convict settlements at the Rocks.
- Visit some of the city’s diverse museums and galleries, which include the Art Gallery of New South Wales, the Australian Museum and the Museum of Sydney.
Best time to travel to Sydney
The summer months of December to March are the best time to enjoy the beaches. Many festivals, celebrations and events take place throughout the year, with summer especially popular for outdoor events and music festivals. The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade is a lively event hosted during late summer. Sailing enthusiasts travel from all over the world to attend the Sydney Harbour Regatta at the beginning of fall. And held each spring, the Crave Sydney International Food Festival attracts foodies from across the globe.
Find your vacation package to Sydney with United Vacations.
- Related routes San Francisco - Sydney
- Related routes Los Angeles - Sydney
- Related routes Houston - Sydney
- Related routes New York/Newark - Sydney
- Related routes Denver - Sydney
- Related routes Chicago - Sydney
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Sydney
- Related routes New York - Sydney
- Related routes Boston - Sydney
- Related routes San Diego - Sydney
- Related routes Cleveland - Sydney
- Related routes Austin - Sydney
- Related routes Seattle - Sydney
- Related routes Las Vegas - Sydney
- Related routes Atlanta - Sydney