Plan ahead and get the best flights to Oaxaca (OAX)
Fly to Oaxaca with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Oaxaca’s top attractions
- Start at the town square, known as the Zócalo, to see impressive architecture, local vendors and entertaining street acts.
- Visit the Templo de Santo Domingo, a church and former monastery. The adjacent cultural center provides historical context for visitors.
- Explore Monte Albán, one of Latin America's most impressive ruins, built by the ancient Zapotecs around 500 B.C.
- Dive into local culture at the Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca and the Museo Textil de Oaxaca, dedicated to the region’s long textile tradition.
- Visit local markets, such as the Mercado Juarez and 20 de Noviembre markets, for souvenirs or local food and drink, including egg yolk bread and mescal.
Best time to travel to Oaxaca
Oaxaca’s climate is pleasant year-round. Holidays are important celebrations in Oaxaca. Spring’s Holy Week is a traditional celebration of religious traditions, concerts and parades leading up to Easter. In summer, Oaxaca hosts Fiesta Guelaguetza, which celebrates the cultures of the many local ethnic groups. Días de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festivals in Oaxaca, held in fall, are some of the most passionate in the country.
- Related routes Seattle - Oaxaca
- Related routes Denver - Oaxaca
- Related routes Cody - Oaxaca
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Oaxaca
- Related routes New York/Newark - Oaxaca
- Related routes Portland, OR - Oaxaca
- Related routes Chicago - Oaxaca
- Related routes San Francisco - Oaxaca
- Related routes New York - Oaxaca
- Related routes Houston - Oaxaca
- Related routes From Oaxaca