Plan ahead and get the best flights to Detroit (DTW)
Fly to Detroit with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Detroit’s top attractions
- Learn about the Motor City’s most famous export at the Automotive Hall of Fame and the Henry Ford Museum, both located in nearby Dearborn.
- Delve into United States history at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History, the largest museum of its kind in the nation.
- Dance to the hits of the ‘50s and ‘60s with a visit to the Motown Museum Home of Hitsville U.S.A.
- Explore the Detroit Zoo, where over 2,000 animals live in barless exhibits.
- Rent a bike to cycle along the riverfront path, connecting you to MacArthur Bridge and Belle Isle Park.
- Catch a game or tour the homes of Detroit’s professional sports teams, the Tigers, Lions, Pistons and Red Wings.
Best time to travel to Detroit
Visit Detroit in June to take part in the River Days Festival, featuring live music and a focus on local culinary and ecological efforts. Later in the summer, the city holds the popular Jazzin’ on the River. Detroit also hosts the electronic music festival Movement in the spring and the African World Festival in August.
- Related routes New York/Newark - Detroit
- Related routes Houston - Detroit
- Related routes Denver - Detroit
- Related routes San Francisco - Detroit
- Related routes Chicago - Detroit
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Detroit
- Related routes Los Angeles - Detroit
- Related routes New York - Detroit
- Related routes Seattle - Detroit
- Related routes Atlanta - Detroit
- Related routes San Diego - Detroit
- Related routes Boston - Detroit
- Related routes Orlando - Detroit
- Related routes Sacramento - Detroit
- Related routes From Detroit